Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kevinc

a framed ladders
« on: June 15, 2008, 05:02:18 pm »
 ;D ;D hi,we've just bought a small pointy ladder and a double extension ladder to make it easier and quicker to get round-a quick question is there any does and don'ts about these?i'm used to step ladders and ordinary ladders so these are new to me also how do you maintain these pointy ladders?

cat9921

Re: a framed ladders
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 08:05:41 pm »
how do you maintain these pointy ladders?

By leaving them in the garage and going WFP  ;D

Sorry could not resist  ;)

Scrimble

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 08:12:29 pm »
how do you maintain these pointy ladders?

By leaving them in the garage and going WFP  ;D

Sorry could not resist  ;)

wow this forum is sooo great,

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 08:13:57 pm »
The feet don't grip too well a until the have worn a bit, depending what make you have.  Other than that they are pretty good if you apply the belt buckle rule, ie not let your belt buckle or belly button  go outside the ladder sides.  I found them much faster than ordinary ladders.  Want to be faster still go wfp.

Simon.

TennetClean

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 08:15:46 pm »
I used to usw a 6-foot pointer for certain bottom windows.

They are good, but a word of advice, make sure the rubber bung where it leans at the top is kept clean otherwise it will mark white uPVC window frames.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 08:18:00 pm »
;D ;D hi,we've just bought a small pointy ladder and a double extension ladder to make it easier and quicker to get round-a quick question is there any does and don'ts about these?i'm used to step ladders and ordinary ladders so these are new to me also how do you maintain these pointy ladders?
If your sticking with ladders? then you have made a very good choice in buying a small A ladder, stick the ladder between the wall and the window frame and they wont go anywhere, as for maintenance just keep them clean and check the rubber feet  & top rubber on a regular basis.

A long time ago now, I used to use step ladders until my youngest daughter fell off them, I built my own A frame from timber, they lasted me for years with no accidents, I still have them now stuck at the back of the shed.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 08:58:23 pm »
That reminds me.  A friend gave me his old small A frame ladder, it was made from an old ladder, but the rungs were broom handles.  Lasted ages until the thing flew of the roof, attached to another ladder, and the roof rack!! Whole lot came off on the dual carriageway!!!  :D :D :D

Sorry, I digress.

Watch out at first, they can flip round quite easily, you'll soon get used to it, but as someone said earlier, be extra careful not to over reach.

Much better than step ladders.  Get ones with white rubber top. 

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 09:02:06 pm »
I turned my own rungs on my wood lathe and they were 2.5'' thick  ;D

kevinc

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 07:21:36 pm »
thanks guys for that i'll remember the belly button rule, :D must admit for all its good points you don't feel as "secure"as you would on a two/triple set of ladders as the top is pointed and sideways movement is restricted but i'll get used to it (the wife loves her "little"pointed one though ;D ;D ;D)so all is good in the world today

justme

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 09:24:41 pm »
i'm in the same boat kev, tried finding info on google n u tube but no success, my ladders came with no rubber block but been told on here thats its dangerous without, so got one on order. i use mine for terraced windows and love it as no 'face in glass, hand over head' maneuvers. however wouls also love some do's and don'ts from experienced a ladder users, for example the grooves on the block, are they for using on the outside of jome stones etc etc

cheers

mr D

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 12:28:33 am »
i'll do some pics or even a little vid for you guys if you like just to help you out. i LOVE points or sticks as some of the old timers will remember them as.

IMO there soooooo much safer than a convental sq top ladder.

its good to see guys asking for advice for trad w/c for a change and nuff respect to all you guys who gave very good advice. tennent clean inparticula  :o, good on ya