Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*Mr Tumble

How much for the insides?
« on: April 29, 2008, 06:37:23 pm »
How much would you charge to do the insides of a four bedroom house, with one really big tall window needing a ladder?

About 15 windows in all, and taking one hour ten minutes.

Alex Wingrove

Re: How much for the insides?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 06:47:07 pm »
how much do you charge for the insides?

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 07:03:20 pm »
how much do you charge for the outsides?

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 07:14:14 pm »
I usually charge 1 1/2 times the outside if they clear any bits they have on window ledges etc or double the outside price if i have to move it all.

Paul

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 07:34:53 pm »

LWC

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 07:36:05 pm »
yeh 1 1/2 and get them to move all the stuff off the window ledges

Dean Aspects

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 07:37:59 pm »
Whatever your hourly rate is then add 50% as working inside is usually slower and involves more work

Dean

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 07:39:26 pm »
I did one today and had agreed with the woman of the house at £50 (double the outsides), and phone dup she wasn't in, but the man of the house was, I did them and then gave him the price and he refused to pay.

She wasn't around to verify so I left an envelope for her to send the cheque etc.

And he was friendly and chatty when I was there and happened to say how they had window cleaners but they didn't do many times and then didn't come anymore!

Now I'm thinking ALARM BELLS and wish I'd never bothered.

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 07:40:16 pm »
Whatever your hourly rate is then add 50% as working inside is usually slower and involves more work

Dean
Yeah, 30 mins outside, 65 minutes insides.  Plus phone call to arrange etc.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 10:20:33 pm »
I did one today and had agreed with the woman of the house at £50 (double the outsides), and phone dup she wasn't in, but the man of the house was, I did them and then gave him the price and he refused to pay.

She wasn't around to verify so I left an envelope for her to send the cheque etc.

And he was friendly and chatty when I was there and happened to say how they had window cleaners but they didn't do many times and then didn't come anymore!

what did the guy say ???

NWH

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 10:21:10 pm »
I charge the same as the outside again + 50%,to start off with they clear the window sills for you but this soon stops and it then becomes time consuming.

Pj

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 10:25:57 pm »
Same insides as outsides

I just hope they don't have 145 ornaments on the windowsills!
If they do.....I punish them a bit.

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 07:12:14 am »

what did the guy say ???
What I said he said.

I've gone off them now, and just hope they send the money.

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 08:28:54 am »
I just had a phone call off her and she siad she was under the impression that it would be £50 for the outside AND inside.

I begged to differ and told her to send £25 for the insides, but I didn't say that I wouldn't be going back.

If it takes half an hour to do the outside and that costs £25, why should you charge £25 for doing the insides when it takes at least twice as long AND has the hassle of objects on sills, moving blinds and curtains and using a lader to get to the top of a high window?

This is why I charge double... In the same time frame I can clean two semis at £17 each and earn more!

I hold myself responsible for failing to explain this properly to this woman, but at the same time I think she was in dreamland in thinking that she could have the insides done for a bargain.

And they said they can't keep a window cleaner.  Well they just lost another one.   ::)