Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NBwcs

PL insurance
« on: April 08, 2008, 07:55:09 pm »
Just got my renewal through, £70.88 for £1million,which is very reasonable but every year I go through the same dilema as to whether to renew or not. The endorsements that come with it clearly state "excluding damage to property being worked on" which really seems to make it pretty useless. Does anyone have any PL which does cover the property being worked on and if so . how much? Cheers

Ian W

Re: PL insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 08:46:18 pm »
Allied insurance do a policy that covers that. I think Simply Business do one too.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

macmac

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 09:04:53 pm »
Allied insurance do a policy that covers that. I think Simply Business do one too.

Allied deffo do one & it only has a 100 excess.

Tony

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 09:27:42 pm »
I use simply business

NBwcs

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 09:44:45 pm »
Cheers Lads

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 09:13:54 am »
Our Public Liability policy does include cover for "property worked upon" and "treatment risks" and you can get more information and details at

www.cleaning-insurance.co.uk

I cannot comment on Simply Business myself other than to say that one of our customers got a quote from their site and out of the 5 quotes that came back 3 definitely DIDNT include the cover and it was unclear on the other 2 as the documentation wasnt there to view. He therefore came to us and we placed the correct cover for him.

As with all things insurance, ASK THE BROKER THE QUESTION and then get it in writing from them.

Cheers
Martin

NBwcs

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 01:02:06 am »
Went through Simply Business in the end , got cover with a company called Finsbury who cover the prop and window your cleaning for £118. Well worth the extra £1 a week for peace of mind. Excess is £250.