Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Roper

Speedster heater
« on: April 12, 2008, 08:48:06 am »
Can any guys with a Speedster help me out? Im sure my no.2 heater isnt working .The light comes on near the switches but with the machine opened up the bottom or no.1 heater is really hot to the touch wheras the top one isnt. There is power to   it . Could anyone just confirm that the top heater gets as hot as the bottom one please.
Thanks
Mike

Kev Loomes

Re: Speedster heater
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 10:30:14 am »
Mike, it maybe that one of them has tripped as this will happen if it overheats and automatically shuts off. It is possible for just one to switch off if it is getting the water after the first exchanger - as it recieves hotter water than the first, this will then overheat quicker if left idle and no cleaning is going on.

There is a very small reset button near the power leads leading into the actual heat exchanger.

I havent checked myself whether one gets hotter than the other, but logically speaking I think this would happen as they are inline, and one has to get the water first before it leads to the other - this last one would be the hotter of the 2.

Hope this helps

Kev

Mike Roper

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 12:56:38 pm »
Have tried pressing the reset button.It is the second heater so as you say this one should be the hottest but only feels warm from the heat coming into it from no. 1.
Thanks
Mike

spencer davies

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 03:25:17 pm »
If the little cooling fan isn't working it trips the heater out, you may need a new fan.

Regards

S

Mike Roper

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 04:47:09 pm »
The cooling fan is working.Looking at my manual there is a heater element like a stick of dynamite with two wires on , perhaps this is gone. Also thermostat sensor. I'll speak to Matt on monday and perhaps email Mytee in States.
Mike

spencer davies

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 06:39:00 pm »
Check all of your connecting wires, I had to re do all of mine as the connections were really poor, looking forward to getting my new Hydramaster TM next week, as the Speedsters we own have been a pain, although they are good when working.

Regards

S

Kev Loomes

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 07:44:42 pm »
It sounds like the stick of dynamite with 2 wires you refer to is the actual heat exchanger!

There should be a small nodule/button in between the wires. Press this hard as this is the sensor that shuts off the exchanger when overheated.

All should be fine then.

Kev

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 07:52:42 pm »
Does it trip if you just leave both exchangers on when not wanding or low water in sol. tank and do the lights go out?

I think the manual was produced by the same people who do flat pack furniture instructions. :(

Kev Loomes

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 08:16:26 pm »
Hi Mike

Unfortunately the lights dont go out (and subsequently no warning) and if your not wanding you really need to turn it off as both exchangers will trip.

If you run out of water your going to turn it off anyway, at this point you wouldnt have caused any problems (unless you leave it on obviously).

Personally, If Im not wanding then I wouldnt leave it on for longer than 1 minute max whilst idle.

Cheers

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 08:56:23 pm »
Hi Kev

I'm going to have to check my trips then, I turn the heaters off normally, but once or twice I've accidentally left them on, but haven't noticed a problem heat wise.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 10:07:47 pm »
Hi Kev

I'm going to have to check my trips then, I turn the heaters off normally, but once or twice I've accidentally left them on, but haven't noticed a problem heat wise.

When you getting your Prowler Mike?

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 10:30:49 pm »
Yes, really want one. But then again I want a Ferrari 599 in black/linen ;D

It's amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it.

Mike Roper

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 03:46:23 pm »
Got my heater sorted, new thermostat , two minute job and the princely sum of £4.Thanks to Matt and Robert at Cleansmart for your prompt help.
Mike