Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jimmy s

What is the best way of cleaning dirt of a tarmac driveway?
« on: December 29, 2004, 06:02:30 pm »

Is there a cleaning kit for cleaning the driveway, for domestic use. The driveway is from tarmac.
Thanks

Len Gribble

Re: What is the best way of cleaning dirt of a tarmac driveway?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 07:57:32 pm »
Jimmy s

You nearly got me there what is driveway Cold asphalt, block, concrete etc. and yes there are cleaning systems out there for the DIY one only has to go to the local petrol station they sell them! But I would not use even this system on one of the above

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

jimmy s

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 11:28:04 pm »
Thanks, I meant cold asphalt. Stains and dirt came out an old water tank on the asphalt and with normal cleaning stuff the stains don't go away. So what should I buy? Do you know?

carloso

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 05:39:24 pm »
hi jimmy

try looking on some of the american web sites for advise, there are a couple of articles out there but i can't remember exactly where. main advise though is do a trial first and wait at least a  week before you do anymore, also apply some weight and traction to your trial to see if you still have sound tarmac
best of luck
carloso

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 07:21:36 pm »
Jimmy

What is normal cleaning stuff that you used? So how can any one recommend what to use, if you don’t tell us what you used in the first place ???

Cold asphalt in this environment is laid very thinly so don’t use a P/W on it, or use any petrochemical based products, are you sure it was laid by Tarmac the company that is! ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

keith b

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 04:46:47 pm »
Hi jimmy s

Try using a product called `supamix` made by a company called `Hanson`, basically once you have cleaned your tarmac, you can re-coat the surface with this stuff, "best coat the whole area for a more asthetically pleasing look"

Any good builders merchants can supply you!

keith