Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Looking forward to Spring!
« on: January 14, 2005, 05:32:38 pm »
What's the best season/month for window cleaning?

I reckon May is my fav month - long daylight hours - not too hot - often dry - perfick!

Come on let's be optimistic - this week wasn't bad down here in the South-West - took the Unger gloves off by 10.30 yesterday - and got positively warm on the sunny side of the houses!

I didn't stop working until 4.30 so the daylight hours are getting longer too

Bit chilly in the mornings though so roll on spring!
It's a game of three halves!

Duke

Re: Looking forward to Spring!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 05:38:47 pm »
by the weather today and yesterday...you'd think it was here already....even the Daffs are coming up round here...(Gloucestershire)...I reckon we got away with Winter pretty lightly round here !.....(doh...watch it snow now I've said that)

rosskesava

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 10:02:55 pm »
December is my favourite month because I get time off over the whole Christmas period, the lack of daylight gives me a good excuse to stop early and we get Christmas boxes.

Seriously, work wise, I agree that May is about the best month but last year, strangely enough, November was our most profitable month but a month where I was either very wet or very cold and frequently both.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 09:05:31 pm »
November was my most profitable month too.  Doesn't the thought of all that 'Christmas Cost' spur you on to work harder!

I keep telling my little un' that next year we're going to be Jehova's Witnesses - just for Christmas!  I even showed her a whole load of pamphlets that a JW gave me in the street; just to add to the wind up!  She wasn't impressed and I think I received a slap for that.  Isn't it a pity children can't be locked up for five years for assaulting their parents - unlike the new ruling (which I agree with as a modernist - no smacking - adult) where adults can be locked up for assaulting their children (if they mark them).

I like May too.  The prospect of a lot of new business.  Replacing it with your old 'unwanted' business.

September is pretty nice also - but you've got the thought of the impending Winter on its tails.

gaza

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 10:12:38 pm »
My customers ask if Im cold,my reply is If Im cold Im not working hard enough,I NEVER GET COLD DONT KNOW WHY,must be warm blooded
I love getting hold of old ladies hands whos been in front of the fire all day and saying god your colder than me are you sure your still alive
tickles them pink
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO