Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Londoner

Re: Leaflets/flyers
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 08:21:24 am »
I would say 1% averaged out over time. Don't expect an instant response, you can get a phone call months or even years later.

Door knocking is quicker but I have found you pick up more time wasters who just respond to you because you are there on the doorstep but haven't really got any long term interest or commitment in having their windows cleaned.

These are the sort of people who watch the shopping channels then phone up and buy some brassy piece of junk just because its on the telly.

They lose interest after a couple of months. Short attention span

groundhog

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 09:14:59 am »
I laminate all of my flyers and business cards these days, I find I get a far higher response this way, as it is not so easy to just pick up the flyer screw it up and put it into the bin!!! They are almost forced to read it, and are far more likely to keep it, and I have had a lot of people phone me months or even years later!  :)

Londoner

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 09:47:27 am »
I have posted this before but its still a valid story. Years ago I decided to branch out into gardening because I was forever being asked about it.

I got some leaflets printed and delivered about 4-5000 over a number of Sunday mornings.

The gardening never worked out, I was rubbish at pricing and found the customers very picky and difficult to please, so I dropped it.

The leaflets generated phone calls for years. I even had one last year!

Ian Rochester

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 10:09:58 am »
300g A6 Postcard, or sometimes just a business card, they are both more sturdy than 80g paper and smaller than A5, so you find people keep them either on their kitchen notice board or in with their contact lists.

We had ours professionally designed by a friend, then sent the design off to a printers to get made up.

I still get calls from the old Extracta A5 flyers that I used when I first started out 5 years ago