Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.J.Thorpe

georgian interiors
« on: March 10, 2008, 09:04:28 am »
quickest method for georgian insides,i have used various before,small applic and blade,novaclear and scrim,pure water and microfibre.Anyother methods used,the panes are v small mostly 6 by 4 inch some even smaller,quality of finish only needs to be adequate rather than perfect as glass is old and imperfect,and its offices so no one  really looks that hard,and condensation makes em streaky again in a week or so this time of year ;D

Ian Rochester

Re: georgian interiors
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 09:09:42 am »
Damp cloth and dry microfibre, hate them.

Did one last week 502 panes of glass, we charge them at 6 panes to the £.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 09:12:12 am »
Lionhart

Great minds, i always charge 15p a pane.

If they are not to bad you can use a slightly damp microfibre on its own

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 10:02:59 am »
Mist the ever so slighly with a good windowcleaner spray, preferably professional stuff, but Coop or Tesco's own brand works. Damp cloth and then microfibre is too much work.

Then just wipe them with a microfibre till their dry. Work well into the corners.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 11:11:38 am »
cheers for that chaps ;Dpretty much what i have found to be fastest is the microfibre and spray method,i hate em too >:( but nothing else for it today and their already overdue

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 11:29:26 am »
Don't cut your finger nails just yet, sound strange, but with all this handwork, you can easily rip the skin between your nail and your finger. Not too pleasant. But you've done this before. :)