Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tatman

BEST JETS FOR IONICS BRUSH
« on: March 05, 2008, 07:57:57 pm »
Been using the ionics multipole for last couple of weeks quite happy with pole and brush ok but the brush does seem to lack a little rinse power. Think they are fitted with 2mm jets. Was thinking of changing them any ideas what to put it. My vikian brushes seem to have a bit more pressure but look a different size?

NWH

Re: BEST JETS FOR IONICS BRUSH
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 08:02:28 pm »
Fit them with 2mm brass jets,they are not fitted with 2mm jets the ones they come with are a lot bigger.

tatman

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 08:10:28 pm »
yea they are 2mm jets but dont seem to have enough pressure. The jets of water that come out are the same as the vikan but dont seem to have the same power of rinsing away.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 08:43:18 pm »
Look at the ionic jet and then look at a brass 2mm jet,the bore at the top and bottom of the ionic jet is much wider than the brass 2mm.You get better pressure from the small brass ones than from the other due to smaller holes in brass jets,if they were the same size the pressure would be the same but it`s not is it,re jet the brush with the 2mm brass and the difference you will see instantly.

tatman

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 08:57:57 pm »
ok mate cheers ;)

gsw

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 10:04:16 pm »
change them for low pressure fan jets from clean tech, you wont go back!!! pull out a few bristles (sounds crazy i know) but allows more water onto the glass and you get a much better spread of water through the brush.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 10:13:49 pm »
IMO Ionics have got it just about with there jets.

The trouble with jets that come out to fast, you know the type where you can squirt to the other side of the road are way, when the water hits the window it splays upwards hitting above the top of the pane bringing down dirt from the brick work etc.

Ionics jets have just the right weight of water coming out without any splashback.

Have you ever turned a tap on too fast and the water splashes out over the sink, thats the best way i can  describe narrow jets.

Pj

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 11:07:49 pm »
The thing about Ionics brush is that it is built for cleaning windows.

Apart from Tucker all others tried and mentioned on here are not made for cleaning windows.

Water flow, pressure and volume out are all just about right with Ionics brush jets.

After two and a half years I'm back using Ionics

Unless something better comes along

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 11:16:00 pm »
Whichever brush i use , i always put Ionic jets in them

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 11:37:19 pm »
I'm middle of the road.
Any pole I use I will nearly always fit a lightweight commercial Ionics gooseneck on and fit a Tucker brush with Ionic jets.
I've tried many brushes and goosenecks and am happiest and most confident using Ionic gooseneck, Tucker brush and Ionic jets.
However I am now using wide spray fan jets on a Vikan rectangular mono filament brush (bit too stiff for my liking but adequate) to try/compare it out, quite impressed with the jets so I will now try them out on a Tucker brush and maybe cut a few bristles out to see how it goes.
I never give up trying new things, (research & development), lol

tatman

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 06:55:11 pm »
must admit i aint using as much water with the ionics brush and the jets are small 2mm jets.Infact they look smaller than the vikan ones so they must of changed them  Finding it good on small windows but on the bigger windows having to really go over with the rinsing because it aint washing the little specks of dirt away hey im still learning am well pleased with the brush itself and am going to carry on with the supplied jets for now at least im saving water ;D

SPEEDLINER

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 11:19:49 pm »
Too complicated for me.

Ionly use Ionics equipment, never had a problem and advice is always there if i need to contact them.

;)

edd

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 01:15:37 am »
if you are not sure put a 2mm or 3mm or 4mm drill bit through to find out but nomally
the Ionics small jets are for sure 3mm and the bigger ones are 2ish mm I know but the Brodex 2mm jets have more squirt and so a slightly smaller hole just my findings on a wet day Edd

Paul Coleman

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 06:47:08 am »
I don't know the measurement of Ionic jets bt suspect that they are 3mm or maybe more.  I seem to get through more water when I use them but I've never measured it scientifically.  Also, I changed to microbore around the same time as starting to use other jets so that may have affected water usage too.  The Ionics jets seem OK but I'm not convinced.  For instance, if the leisure battery starts to run low, it does seem as though a fuller stream of water is needed that appears to be provided by narrower jets.  But like Dave says, there can be a splashback factor.  Another issue is that when using narrower jets, there is an occasional blockage that needs sorting out.  I've never had a blockage with wider jets.  So a few pros and cons I think.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 08:20:52 am »
The crinkle multipole brush had bigger jets then the new brush, haven't measured it yet though.

NWH

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 11:11:10 am »
Rinse with the brush on the glass and you won`t get any splashback problems,the brush pressed against the glass will stop any water rising up above the frame.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 11:49:52 am »
What about dirty windows where you have just cleaned the frames as well, the brush needs rinsing in that situation.

I work in a salty area and there is no way you can rinse brush on, on most jobs.

Dave

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 05:15:24 pm »
What about dirty windows where you have just cleaned the frames as well, the brush needs rinsing in that situation.

I work in a salty area and there is no way you can rinse brush on, on most jobs.

Dave

Dave, I work right on the coast too with my brush on the glass and I don't have any problems. A bad tradesman always blames his tools, lol