Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cater

Van purchase options
« on: March 03, 2008, 12:26:16 pm »
Am looking to acquire a new/er van.  having looked at the options of hire purchase, lease, loan etc cannot decide which is more cost efficient.  any opinions please.  only do about 8000 miles a year so from that point of view i suppose lease is ok but what about cost wise, the monthly payments seem fairly high for low mileage, is there a better way to go about it? cheers

Re: Van purchase options
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 03:42:31 pm »
Well there are probably lots of different offers out there but i went for lease purchase over 5 years.

I pay £180 per month including GAP insurance over 5 years.

Then in 5 years i can either pay £1000 balloon payment to purchase the van or start over again.I will probably buy it as i only do 5,ooo per year so in 5 years approx 25,000 will be able to sell it for more or even have for another 5 years with no other costs for leasing.

Some will tell you that its the expensive option but as i make a profit each tax year id rather lease a vehicle weather it be 100 or 200 per month either way ill get tax relief on either

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 04:05:04 pm »
what type of van do you get for £180 a month?

NWH

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:07:11 pm »
Unless your VAT HP the van.

Highrise

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 07:21:12 pm »
Van direct..... buy new.

I pay 251.00 a mth and paid a deposit, In five years the van is mine....
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 07:39:14 pm »
highrise what van did you get , and what sort of deposit did you have to pay . just thinking of going that way myself but over 5 years on those payments you are paying £15060 + deposit , do you get any tax relief on this , and do you take out any type of insurance just incase something was to happen and you couldnt pay , thanks if you can give me any advice on this .
where theres muck theres money

Clear Vision

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 09:48:38 pm »
Van direct..... buy new.

I pay 251.00 a mth and paid a deposit, In five years the van is mine....

.................. and probably worth very little

Get a 10k loan over 4 years for £237 a month and buy a van a couple of years old for about 7k or 8k and have a holiday with the rest of the money.

I was going to buy new but deceided to go for a 05 plate.

Why should I take a massive hit in depreciation???

daniel b

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 09:43:45 am »
Vauxhall are doing 0% finance on all there vans with 3 years free servicing and £500 free fuel, looks a pretty good deal to me if i was after new vans  ;)
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk