Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martin19842

Re: Builders Cleans
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 06:42:47 pm »
hi there

julia, email me if you wish with the client name

martin.sales@btinternet.com

my advice wound beto escalate this to the QS and the build manager or Director.

we have in the past refused to clear properties, and haveshown the site manager why we have done that.

regards

martin

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 06:50:23 pm »

My price does not include the sweeping out of properties, I state this has to be done and leave the rest to us.

mgba_78

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 08:27:01 pm »

Andy do you not find this leaves scratches any way. I know this method would definitely not work for me in my situation.
Toughened glass, if not tempered and cleaned properly during the tempering process in the factory leaves tiny particles of debris on the surface. Therefore when you rub with a scraper will carry the debris over and scratch the surface..
You can hear the difference of the scraper over the two different surfaces of glass.

Nope never scratched the glass EVER and we have done loads of windows this way.

With regard to the question ablot scope of works, the scope of works from our bulider just say clean windows, remove cement, plaster and any stickers, we spoke to the site manager and spoke to the head office but a sticker is a sticker is all they said.

We also had a problem with hinges, scope of works says remove excess paint off of all fittings, we got caught out on hinges that had slight and i mean slight paint on them so we had to check all hinges on the houses, and the bigger houses on this particular site are 2500sqft and have nearly 100 hinges a lot of work which we worked out averages at nearly 2 hours per plot which we hadnt accounted for >:( we are still in talks about this as to be honest its a pee take which the painters shoud sort out!!!!

I think your always gonna be taken for a ride buy the buliders it is hard work but it does even out now and again in your favour
Oooooo that is shiny!!

Andy Foster

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 08:30:16 pm »
Spot on Martin...

The QS should be able to supply you with a full schedule of works that was agreed  when you tendered for the job... if this states that it should all be swept etc, then that is that.

Hope his all works out for you

Andy

Ian Rochester

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2007, 09:35:25 pm »
Julia,

If you are the last people in before handover to sales then what you are doing is not a builders clean, its a "polish clean", they would have had others in before you to do a first fix and final clean on the property.   

All the stickers should be removed at these stages, not when you come in.

The site foreman will take you for all you have  and pay you nothing for it, if you give them a chance!!

Before you start any work make sure you have a schedule of what is and is not included.

However, I can't believe that a any clean does not include sweeping out, surely this is a basic requirement.

We do all three levels of clean and price accordingly

julia

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 11:17:26 pm »
Hi Lionheart
It is a builders clean we are doing, different  builders do it in different ways.  We clean before it gets handed to sales, if trades go in after this then we get a rebuild price and then we get a sparkle clean , so sometimes we get all three depends on what work is left or if any specs change.  But we do the build clean first and have been doing it this way for 18 months now.
Thanks
Julia

pdl

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 11:12:29 am »
Julia,

Just out of interest, how long does it take to build clean say a new three bedroom house with ensuite to master bedroom and a seperate bathroom, downstairs toilet, kitchen, dining roon, sitting room, conserverety,  and small utility room.
Never ASSUME, to ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME              Cannock Staffordshire

pdl

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 11:13:39 am »
sorry forgot to ask and how long then for a Sparkle clean?
Never ASSUME, to ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME              Cannock Staffordshire

J. Deans

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2007, 05:24:29 pm »
Hi pdl.

Build clean = 2x cleaners = 3 - 5 hours.
Re-clean = 2x cleaners = 2 - 3 hours.
Sparkle clean = 2x cleaners 1 - 2 hours.

All of the above depends on size of property and quality of trades and labourer etc. (Also, the quality of your previous clean!)

Hi Julia.

Don't quite understand how you only 'sometimes' get the 3 cleans?
Are there only 2 cleans in the contract?
In general, it should work like this:

Build Clean - once all the fixtures and fittings are in and pretty much everything painted.
Re-Clean - following remedial work and just prior to handing over to sales.
(Holding or Stock Cleans if difficult to sell)
Sparkle Clean - the day before, or on the day the new owners move in.

ellejay

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 08:41:16 pm »
Hi all!

I am looking to get into after build cleaning, what is the average hourly rate for this type of work?

Also I have never tendered for a contract before and have no idea how to present it.

I have looked on the net for courses in tendering but they all seem to be for people who want to improve their tendering, I want to know how to do it.
I havew read that they sometimes publish tender applications does anyone know where I can view them just to get an idea of what one looks like.

I would really appreciate any help/advice.
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.
I am woman, I am invincible, I am Tired.