Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Neil Grainger

Going beyound the call of Duty
« on: February 26, 2008, 04:24:17 pm »
Yesterday I had to clean for an old lady who does not get out much because of a heart condition, she asked 5 to clean 5 rugs which i did.

As i was chating to her she told me that she had not been able to go shopping for over a week and would i mind poping to the shop to get her some Milk.

She hit a nerve with me I think and I asked her if she wanted to go to a supermarket and get some shopping in, 2 hrs later I finally droped her back at home. She gave me a Bar of Fruit and Nut and a Bottle of wiskey as a thank you.

To be honest I came away feeling really good and one good turn deserves another and low and behold the phone has rung off the hook today.

Sorry just wanted to share my good deed with others.

LTT Leathercare

Re: Going beyound the call of Duty
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 04:35:59 pm »
Well done

I always like to hear stories like this.  There is so much bad going on in the world it is nice to hear there are still good  people around who will go that extra mile for someone in need.

Judy
http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk
Leather Consultant to the Furniture and Cleaning Industry
Leather Cleaning, Care and Restoration products and services
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

maxcarpets

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 04:42:59 pm »
Anyone need any shopping?

mark_roberts

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 04:49:44 pm »
At a job today just set up and about to prespray and i hear a scream from the wife.  Husband has somehow cut his finger very badly and blood flowing etc.  Wife very paniced in fact over the top IMO for something minor.  It needs stitches so i offer to take to hospital due to wifes condition.  So I pack up.  She calms down enough to drive husband.  I say no worries an will ring tomorrow to rebook.  They didnt offer to leave me to it.

Thing is she cancelled twice on me before but dont think this today was staged!!

Mark

PS. my phone better ring tomorrow too.

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 04:51:06 pm »
Anyone need any shopping?

Yes please - can you do it tomorrow whilst I am busy cleaning carpets  :D

Neil Grainger

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 05:11:24 pm »
Crazy i know, my wife said I can never get you to go food shopping.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 05:25:55 pm »
Nice one Clean Touch ;D

I'm sure most of us grounded CC's would help any custy if genuinly needed, it's the ones who take the buscuit you've got to watch ::)  I must admit I've got a bit of a soft spot for the oldies and do make sure they are ok when cleaning.

Kev

Bill Robinson

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 05:47:56 pm »
youve been watching to much of "my name is earl"
once i was sick as a dog i turned yellow and couldnt walk far i had the decorator in doing the livingroom i asked him to go to the chemist to get my prescription he did i will always use him no matter what
bill

Les

Re: Going beyound the call of Duty New
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 09:14:21 pm »
I cleaned an elderly mans carpet today whilst he sat in the room and smoked about 20 fAgs....
Can I sue for that ? ::)

When I'd finished he said he said, "you've done a lovely job there boy, (I'm only 52), now what do you know about Televisions" ?

I ended up having to sort out his new Freeview installation which he purchased from a local retailer and then give half an hours training on which buttons to press.  :o

Still, it wasn't time wasted...he gave me a £1 tip for my troubles  :D

Les