Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suehuitt

solid oak flooring
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:07:32 pm »
hi there i have a builders clean which has a solid oak floor whats the best to clean it, to remove marks n plaster

thanks Sue
First Time Every Time

Gerry Styles

Re: solid oak flooring
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 05:59:16 pm »
Could you say what the state of the floor is i.e is it heavily soiled. Has it been sealed or varnished
Premier Klean Limited

Suehuitt

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 07:03:02 pm »
hi thanks for reply
no it as not been sealed or varnished it as just been layed and very dusty
First Time Every Time

PremierPDS

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 12:20:09 am »
Hi Sue

I did an almost identical job to this last year and the clients specifically stated that they didn't want any chemicals using on the solid oak floors so I bought a microfibre mop system from Vileda professional which worked a treat. We had to go over the floors twice and they were pretty big and heavily soiled areas with plaster dust etc but using anything else just spread it around and left marks on the floor when it had dried so the vileda mop system and pads was well worth the investment and we now use them on all our other jobs. The clients love the fact that you don't need to use any chemicals too.

Nickie
Flyers, Business Cards, Bi and Tri fold leaflets, Brochures and much much more designed and printed at www.premierpds.co.uk

Suehuitt

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 06:40:47 pm »
thanks Nikkie for your advice will do that and let you know the outcome

Sue
First Time Every Time