Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom Mac

Gutter lance
« on: September 18, 2008, 08:27:03 pm »
Forr all of you who bought one, was it worth it.  Iam still in two minds on wether it will make the job any easier or quicker

jeff1

Re: Gutter lance
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 08:33:47 pm »
Best investment I made, Once you get the hang of it you'll fly around the guttering Jobs, take a look at my web-site to see pictures of it.

At least with the lance you can clean inside and out of the guttering in no time at all.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:12:33 pm »
Well worth it. As Jeff said once you get the hang of it it's quick. It also cleans the gutters out mint.

paulscotney

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 11:27:06 pm »
Jeff do you have a pressure control on your washer?

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 11:34:51 pm »
Jeff do you have a pressure control on your washer?
No I use the quick fit connectors to control the pressure, there all different size's

Tom Mac

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 08:48:12 am »
Jeff. What sort of pressure washer do you on it, by that i mean did you look for a specific psi or lpm flow rate

matt

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 10:47:46 am »
Jeff. What sort of pressure washer do you on it, by that i mean did you look for a specific psi or lpm flow rate

ive cleaned out some ( 3 storey ) with a 40 quid electric pressure washer, this blasted all the stuff out of the gutter, not sure if it would do the outsides though

peter holley

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 01:40:39 pm »
Best investment I made, Once you get the hang of it you'll fly around the guttering Jobs, take a look at my web-site to see pictures of it.

At least with the lance you can clean inside and out of the guttering in no time at all.
[/quot

when you clean the inside ,does all the muck come out of the guttering and run down the walls etc......
or does it go down the down pipe?

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 02:29:17 pm »
When your not used to it the crap goes everywhere but once you get the hang of it, you can push the muck towards the down pipe,no matter how good you are? You will get some over spray, takes me around 10 minutes to clean up and that's even if I have had to scoop weeds out.

The lance isn't everyone's favorite toy but its a tool that keeps you safe and enables you to do an excellent job and a complete internal and external job in half the time than ladder work, my own personal record is 6x3 bedroom houses in one day and that was before I got used to the lance, I was shattered the next day though, just because I wasn't used to holding the lance correctly.

If anyone does buy a lance I strongly recommend you make or buy a gutter scoop for those Jobs with gutters full of weeds, the lance will blast it out eventually but its so much quicker to scoop it out.

Nice to chat to you this morning  ;)

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 03:16:01 pm »
I've got an electric pressure washer. Do I get the lance from northern tools? do I need the harness? do I just need that gutter attachment?

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 05:00:20 pm »
I've got an electric pressure washer. Do I get the lance from northern tools? do I need the harness? do I just need that gutter attachment?
An electric pressure washer won't last you long Clive if you do a lot of gutter cleaning.

Lance from Northern tool, you don't need the harness,Adjust the lance to the correct hight for the guttering and sit the lance on your hip.

You need the gutter attachment and the pack of nozzles

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 07:44:33 pm »
Do you actually need a pressure washer?

I've found that mains pressure is quite sufficient for cleaning gutters on conservatories. Would this not also be the case for house gutters?

jeff1

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 08:47:48 pm »
It can be operated off mains water with the right connectors, However if you want a Job done with speed and one you can walk away from then I would strongly recommend a pressure washer and a decent detergent.

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 09:01:40 pm »
Space in the back of the van is a bit of a problem. The electic pw fits in a plastic box.

I went pretty far down the line in getting a proper 3000psi rotary to do drives. It was from merril and about £2000, and i didn't actually have the cash so delayed.I had put an advert in and expected work that i wouldn't be able to do but none came. I concluded their was no market so didn't proceed.

How much should I expect to pay for  a petrol one, and are there light/small ones?

jeff1

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 09:53:20 pm »
Space in the back of the van is a bit of a problem. The electic pw fits in a plastic box.

I went pretty far down the line in getting a proper 3000psi rotary to do drives. It was from merril and about £2000, and i didn't actually have the cash so delayed.I had put an advert in and expected work that i wouldn't be able to do but none came. I concluded their was no market so didn't proceed.

How much should I expect to pay for  a petrol one, and are there light/small ones?

The power doesn't have to be great Clive, you just need a reliable machine, My first one was a cheapy from Toolstation and meant for domestic work, I must admit I hammered it and after 8 months it packed up on me, I took it back to toolstation and they replaced it for me, I took it home set it up, to find that one never worked at all? I took it back and they gave me a full refund.
I bought my last one from Northerntool at three times the price so we'll see how that one goes.

So all in all its not loads of power you want, Just a reliable one.
Petrol one's arn't that small amd most of them come with wheels fitted.