Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davep

Whats in a name?
« on: January 29, 2008, 12:58:53 pm »
G'day,

My company is fairly new and called Dirtbusters..  now i have spoken to Jason H (another Dirtbuster) about this but was looking for any other views.

I am thinking about changing the name as do people want a van outside there house with Dirtbusters emblazed on it?

It really only occured to me when i was thinking of adding a domestic cleaning service  ::)

My surname is Power so was thinking of changing it to 'Powerclean' but cant decide..

Any ideas would be great, i have attached my logo too.....

lands

Re: Whats in a name?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 01:07:22 pm »
Dave

Different people respond to styles in different ways. The logo may not be appropriate to attract lord and lady muck but the middle of the road custy may be comfortable with it.

E.G

A working class custy in a 2 up 2 down is unlikely to go for someone like Pilgrim Payne with the royal crest emblazened on all their promo but may like yours coz it does'nt look to formal (ie you are a normal working class bloke, like them) and you won't look so expensive.

This is what I think about with all my promo stuff, to attract the market that I want to work within. Obviously it's far from an exact science but Jason does ok with his.

Pete

davep

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 01:14:12 pm »
Ta Pete,

Your right, and Justin has no probs.  I suppose i would like to appeal to the Lady Muck as well as everyone else.  I suppose i am thinking that Dirtbusters implys you are dirty?

Need to sort this before i get my van wrapped!

liahona

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 02:19:20 pm »
If you are looking to attract the Lords and Ladies then I would suggest no sign writing at all.  Just an opinion, it works for me.  Best, Dave.

davep

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 02:32:05 pm »
Thought of this too Dave, want the advertising part of the van wrap though  ::)

bennymon

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 02:47:46 pm »
hi dave it would worry me moore having 08 on it people like to think your well established   del ;)

davep

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 04:04:03 pm »
Doh..  Thats just the reference for that design, its not on the flyers  ;)