Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

David Lauder

Natural Stone Care Classes ?
« on: November 17, 2004, 09:42:37 am »
I am considering establishing a class/course in the care, restoration and maintenance of Dimensional Stone to sart during 2005. There will probably be a class aimed at current and future stone restoration pro's and a class aimed at the Janitorial market.
I would appreciate any feedback as to whether or not you guys would be interested in such a class?

Many thanks

info@marblelifeuk.com

david_m

Re: Natural Stone Care Classes ?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 08:10:22 pm »

hi there
would be very intrested in hearing more about your
training on stone restoration

tel David on 02837 518074

isa

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 09:56:48 pm »
Intrested as well. However depending on how far I would have to travel (two toddlers to look after). But yes.
iska

Keith_Robertson

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 09:21:32 pm »
Hullo Marblelife,

As I understand it Marblelife is a U.S. franchise.   

Are you a franchisee or the franchisor?   If you are the franchisor is the reason you are starting courses to look for further franchisees?   If you are the franchisee why are you going into training?   Is there not sufficient work to keep you fully committed to stone cleaning.

If you do start either a class or course (?), in what ways would your course differ to that of the IICRC 2 day course or Amir Patwa's 3 day course?

Regards,

Keith Robertson

David Lauder

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 10:27:34 pm »
Hi Keith

You seem to be looking for things that are'nt there! I am not looking to sell franchises for Marblelife; I am very busy thank you very much and the idea of training is not to plug a hole in my income; I believe there is - or should be - a big demand for proper education in stone care - if people want to get it from Amir or elsewhere then so be it, I am simply seeking to expand the basic knowledge in stone care to those that want to learn.
Can't comment on the other classes you mention - I myself was taught elsewhere.
I respectfully suggest you treat the post as a general enquiry of interest and not be so suspicious.

DP

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 07:09:34 pm »
Hi  Mablelife

I would also be interested to some degree and wouldn’t normally care why you would decide to do it.

However on the subject of franchise which Keith has raised (and I absolutely despise) I would be horrified to be paying for anything that was remotely connected to one.

So providing I would get training as stated (whatever that is) don’t pay a single penny to listen to any hype about how wonderful the world would be with a franchise and don’t leave with armfuls of information that would only be any use providing I bought your products (I really hate paying for product knowledge as well) then yes count me in as well.

Sorry you didn’t like Keith’s questions, however I thought they were reasonable considering your franchise status. Unfortunately that’s the price you pay for wearing the franchise hate "suspicious". Surprised you feel insulted by that, then again maybe not.

Anyway if it is genuinely your wish to share all your valuable information with everyone for simply a training fee (which isn’t simply a recruitment program) and be one of the first people to break the franchise ranks and have no concern for all the legal implications that this may bring about, then hey who am I to argue.

Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 08:33:58 pm »
DP

Don’t think you will get a reply, wants to be franchisor. The word despise I have another few words to that but will not post but think of the devil you don’t know!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

David Lauder

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 08:52:48 pm »
Dear All

For everybodies records the proposed training classes are nothing whatsoever to do with Marblelife - and they have no say whatsoever in this potential venture. I can also categorically state that I do not want to sell anybody a franchise or make people use Marblelife products.

I have joined forces with others in the stone restoration business - one in the USA, Canada and Australia - and we aim to provide a service in stone care that we feel the industry worldwide needs.

I would want the training to be tailored to the needs of those attending - hence my initial posting seeking interest - but whoever attends would be taught by an eminent stone restoration expert, Maurizio Bertoli (check out www.mbstone.com).

It is probably best if you consider me an independant business, as that is the way I am going - it just so happens that I started out with Marblelife - but I am now moving on.

I hope this helps, but if anyone feels the need they can contact me via e-mail, via the web-site www.marblelifeuk.com or by phone (no on the web-site)

Keith_Robertson

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2004, 08:03:59 pm »
Hi Marblelife,

Please feel free to introduce yourself rather than using the franchise name.  It is only natural that by keeping the marblelife name folks as cynical as me will be suspicious.

There have been a number of times in my career I that I have come across individuals who have been prepared to relieve me of as much money as they can while providing little or no value.   There are very few with the experience and depth of knowledge who can really be looked up to as teachers particularly in the field of stone cleaning and maintenance.   Maurizio Bertolli is one of these rare individuals.   If you were able to entice him to the UK I for one would be prerpared to attend.

For those who are interested in the general field of stone or tile cleaning should contact Alltec in Royston to find when the next IICRC course is due to be held.   This 2 day course will cover as much as most cleaners will ever require.   If, however, you want to go further and gain practical hands-on training to include such things as diamond grinding, Maurizio, next or alongside Fred Heuston is your man.

Well, was that less suspicious?

Regards,

Keith

lee_gundry

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 05:51:24 pm »
i to am intrested as long as the courses are NOT in the south.

up north is fine.

i see you are in yorkshire .

Lee G (cumbria)
cumbria

DP

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 11:49:18 pm »
Hummm
Now there's a dilemma Im only interested in the South not the North (London)

Perhaps this is the start of nationwide tour?

However if the training were as valuable as suggested then yes I would  be prepared to travel.  ;)

Any thoughts on time frame yet?
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

David Lauder

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2004, 09:04:30 pm »
Thanks to all for the responses - I will keep you all on file and keep you posted as this progresses.
As for timescales, well I don't exactly know! but I would hope to have something ready during the first half of 2005.  Myself and Maurizio Bertoli will be doing alot of talking in terms of putting together the right kind of class to fulfill your requirements.
Once again thanks for the interest - I am encouraged now to proceed to the next step.