Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

magic1

more rain to come
« on: January 11, 2008, 10:23:02 am »
i have told my customers that we will clean in  rain but still can no thank you. thats even after i offer 24hr guarntee. its like banging a head aganist the wall sum times.

dont get me wrong if threres a gale blowing if  it's no good coz wind just puts dirt/dust on glass but if its just rain i find the glass is ok.

how you all finding it with the weather weve had so far? anyone work around pontypool & surrrounding areas (its were i am based) if yes how have you guys found the past week or so with your custy's

jampot

Re: more rain to come
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:37:48 am »
magic its not been good for me either  :'(
imnear you in bridgend and the weather has really messed me up this week. only been able to get 2 days done over the week.

as for doing themin the rain its a no no for me, my custmers will not have it ::)

had a F*%K full

Richy L

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 10:39:02 am »
I live in cardiff, and clean in magor area...

im mostly ladder work, so i havnt been working much lately! :-\ I've been doing a little bit of pressure washing to keep me going though ..... :)

I think, if you clean in the rain you wil always have problems with the customers. although it may clean them just as good, people just seem to think we're just adding more water to  the rainwater.

Ive had a few people say to me,
       "theres no point in having it done today, the rain will clean them"
Hmmmmm.....  is that so ::)

jampot

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 10:41:03 am »
thats what i get richy  ::) ::)
but what can you do??? ???

Richy L

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 10:46:14 am »
theres not a lot you can do really.

When they say to me "can you leave me out this time?"
I sometimes say         "ok, ill cross you off the books"
Customer:                  "oh no, i just mean this time"
me:                             "well the thing is, i only really have regular customers. I make sure i clean your windows regularly, so i need regular customers. I mean, i still have to pay my mortgage no matter what the weather is like.  .....   So would you like me to clean them, today?"

They usually say yes then, but still some dont.

I dont like cleaning in the rain anyway!

Skyglide

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 10:56:23 am »
No work for us today. Rain and strong winds, forget it. We are on the south coast and salt laden gales make it a waste of time.
Rain and staff will always affect this business. All those that brag about fantastic earnings all the time despite the weather are wrong.
You have to accept there will be good and bad times and save to cover the duff periods.
Overall it's good earnings and lifestyle, but it takes determination and consistency to get a strong business. This is not get rich quick.
You can't change the weather so accept it. At least the days are getting longer!

Chris

magic1

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 01:35:47 pm »
i hear you guys. what i dont understand is i'm taking my missus to work and threres fellow's doing them in the rain. ladders
& wfp. yet my customres moan. how the hell do they get do them. what s the magic trick eh?

john tomkins

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 01:40:49 pm »
You can't change the weather so accept it. At least the days are getting longer!

Chris

Too true.
It's The UK, it's winter it rains a lot, it's windy, you pick up bugs so you cant work/earn.
I done 1 1/2 hours this morning then sat in the van 40 mins as it howled it down.... gave up and went home :(
We just gotta accept this job will have it's bad days, and since Christmas most of mine have been bad..... wind, rain and illness >:(

john tomkins

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 01:44:55 pm »
i hear you guys. what i dont understand is i'm taking my missus to work and threres fellow's doing them in the rain. ladders
& wfp. yet my customres moan. how the hell do they get do them. what s the magic trick eh?

Window washers will tell you when he comes on, why he aint on here now I'm not sure wether we ought to organise a collection ;D
He tell us he works in the rain but 18 hours a day he's on here ;D

Magic1..... just do the custys that ain't in ;)

pootwo

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 02:16:24 pm »
WHEN CARS ARE BY & MOST HAVE WIPERS ON INTERMITEN I WILL WASH THE WINDOWS ;D ;D ;D               

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 05:24:10 pm »
was you in Cambridge by any chance ?

18 hours a day, I must be slipping  ::) . I have been working today and I got soaked aswell. I have staff maybe thats how I sit on here dude  ;) but have to work a little aswell and that happened to be today.

Ian

dai

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 09:53:10 pm »
I tell moaning customers that I'm thinking of putting my prices up 25% and taking three months off in the winter, this usually shuts them up. I am fed up of hearing, "I didn't think you would be round in this".
If it's blowing and raining, fare enough, but it annoys me when it stops raining and try and get a bit done and they still moan. I am luckier than most, having paid off my mortgage and getting my pension, I wonder sometimes how some of you guys manage. Dai

rhys11

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 01:22:29 am »
the weather is doing my head in as well im about 2 and a half weeks behind
rhys

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 01:30:09 am »
start the rain guarantee and stop sitting there change your minds programing and that is all it is, and trust me it is hard.

Ian

rhys11

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 01:45:59 am »
start the rain guarantee and stop sitting there change your minds programing and that is all it is, and trust me it is hard.

Ian

true i will have to do that
rhys

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 01:55:48 am »

Ian
try it, you will get comments from customers trust me, but if you still with it you will find the problem customers and will replace them with new you have to be a little flexable for the first few cleans.

what I did was swollowed the first time they said it is raining dont do it, the next time I charged them if they said no, have a couple that dont like it and moan like hell, i try and do these on a dry day if poss if not they get it raining.

there are thousands of people out there with no window cleaner, get them to fall inline, it is in your hands  ;)

Ian

true i will have to do that

tacky

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 10:48:14 pm »
u want to come up the windy city ( waunlwyd )  nr ebbw vale if u dont keep one hand on the ladder they ll b half way down the frigging valley

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 10:49:37 pm »
u want to come up the windy city ( waunlwyd )  nr ebbw vale if u dont keep one hand on the ladder they ll b half way down the frigging valley
wfp pole would sort that then  ;)