Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jon-scwindows

Re: van doors left open or closed ????
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 06:54:53 pm »
i think that way would be easier? just pull it out and reeling it in would be easier because its mounted to the floor,
offourse im sure everyone would like to do it this way if they had one of these:

http://www.redashe.com/Hose_Reels/Coxreel_Man_Power_Rewind/Competitor_1175.html

electric powered rewinding hose reel   yes please!
I am likely that aswell any idea of the cost ? would save loads of time.

Ian

i dont know the cost but on their website the trade prices are around £250 up or down.
I am considering inventing one of these myself homemade and i might consider flogging a few off for a fast buck.

But id love to have one of these that would be my ideal setup mounted in the back with 150m minibore, a 800ltr omnipole hot water system, a new lwb transit 330. You could have a similar roller guide like on the real where the hole in the floor is so its smooth pulling the hose out.

I cant actually lock my vehicle right now so all you burglar visitors come get your free satnav cash phone that i leave in my vehicle with the back open while im round the back wfping, theres a  45ft al pole in there too, a few chocolate cookies bananas, flyers  and some toilet role too

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 06:57:17 pm »
i think that way would be easier? just pull it out and reeling it in would be easier because its mounted to the floor,
offourse im sure everyone would like to do it this way if they had one of these:

http://www.redashe.com/Hose_Reels/Coxreel_Man_Power_Rewind/Competitor_1175.html

electric powered rewinding hose reel   yes please!
I am likely that aswell any idea of the cost ? would save loads of time.

Ian

i dont know the cost but on their website the trade prices are around £250 up or down.
I am considering inventing one of these myself homemade and i might consider flogging a few off for a fast buck.

But id love to have one of these that would be my ideal setup mounted in the back with 150m minibore, a 800ltr omnipole hot water system, a new lwb transit 330. You could have a similar roller guide like on the real where the hole in the floor is so its smooth pulling the hose out.

I cant actually lock my vehicle right now so all you burglar visitors come get your free satnav cash phone that i leave in my vehicle with the back open while im round the back wfping, theres a  45ft al pole in there too, a few chocolate cookies bananas, flyers  and some toilet role too
MMMmmmmm cookies where is your van please ?

I shouldnt say that sods law may get you.

Ian

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 06:58:26 pm »
That hosereel pictured is somewhere between £500 to £550 approx ;D

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 07:00:16 pm »
That hosereel pictured is somewhere between £500 to £550 approx ;D
got me thinking now, that would look great in my van paying over a grand for 2 hose reels maybe I should speak to accountant  :-\

Ian

Tim Rose

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 07:01:07 pm »
Got to say this about those reels - having that thing called the 'fairlead' is the real trick that you need to try to replicate.

They have them on boats, and it bascially means that as long as your hose aint snagged on something (difficult to gaurantee with w/c work) that it WILL wind in perfectly every time.

Something to aim for I reckon, especially if you have 100m like PJ.

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 07:09:05 pm »
Got to say this about those reels - having that thing called the 'fairlead' is the real trick that you need to try to replicate.

They have them on boats, and it bascially means that as long as your hose aint snagged on something (difficult to gaurantee with w/c work) that it WILL wind in perfectly every time.

doesnt everyone have 100m ?  :-[ I have that twice

Davie T

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 07:12:29 pm »
With an Expert van and microbore, you can close the door over the microbore and then lock the van. Does not interrupt flow rare.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 07:14:53 pm »
Cookies for lunchtime with my tea!

fortunately my round is in quite a posh area on a new set of estates, where everyone is mostly working, or locked up in there expensive houses hardly anyone walking around - i dont ever think anyone will have a pinch, i even leave the keys in the ignition most of the time,, i only think i have other wfpers to look out for, or those who cant afford there own stuff, i remember someone posted on here that someone tried to nick their hose reel driving off with 1 end of it !

I think i will be a bit more precautious once i have a van, this is only the estate im using

i have a 60m microbore hose atm   only on two houses does the hose come all the way out ! just long enough. 100 would be better or twin 100's like Ian

burky-boy

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 07:34:37 pm »
Lock your van doors if you can . Two thermo vans in are area ( Bradford ) been stolen. was talking to 1 of my mates this morning somebody tried to nick his van last week they had no joy so they set it on fire .
I have my hose come out each side of van bought 2 of  these without the plug of course

Steve
Keep The Faith

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 07:41:43 pm »
Someone tried to nick my van, tried ;D Good job I never caught them otherwise I would have slammed their fingers in something very heavy, then phoned the police ;D

NWH

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2008, 08:47:53 pm »
I would go for a spring rewind reel,just as good as electric without the hassle of electrics.Can you imagine your reel the electric version rewinding your hose when it`s wrapped round one of them lovley big terrecotta plant pots,ooops.The thing with the spring rewind reel is the fact that when it`s rewinding it`s easier to feel whether it`s snagged or not.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2008, 08:55:31 pm »

electric or spring i would thing they would save allot of time and energy each day, i wouldnt stand there and push the button rewinding it, i would walk back to the vehicle with the end of the hose, in my hand, and pole in the other, then push the buttons, so that the hose valve and connectors dont scrape all the way and get damaged or damage something.. then it would rewind it in for you while your putting your pole away. then next job...

i hate winding in the hose by hand, i have a pooee reel and the hose is dirty and theres no guide for the hose  i usually hold a cloth round it and wind it in.

Spring has its advantages, but wouldnt it be tugging all the time? if it was electric 12v you could just plug it into ciggy socket, and have a wireless remote or flick switch easy.

Im definately looking at getting something like this.

mark dew

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2008, 08:58:51 pm »
i leave the door open but prepare myself to run like hell if my water flow stops.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2008, 09:42:14 pm »
i leave the door open but prepare myself to run like hell if my water flow stops.

to find its the varistream  stopped the pump for some unknown reason, because someone stole your battery

rugby

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 09:57:57 pm »
i have worked with my van doors open for the last 4 years or so,never had any problem,but i guess theirs always a first time and my luck could run out and some scum bag could help himself,to be honest untill i read this thread i never even thought much about it,but maybe i should stop takeing a chance and lock the van doors from now on.

you got me paranoid now,im just off out to check the van

xxmattyxx

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2008, 11:04:36 pm »
I leave the doors open.  One day I hid inside the van, behind the tank, for three hours, but nothing happened so I just got on with my work.

its a cracka'...... ;D  ;D

Majestic