Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

krave

Another "just starting up thread"
« on: January 05, 2008, 01:08:57 pm »
Hey guys, been browsing for a while and reading years worth of old posts. Nice forum, very helpfull!!

The thing is is i am just about to start up a window cleaning round, have been learning with a cleaner already and started canvessing. I am just about to buy my eqipment. Squeegees etc. I have seen that screwfix sell some basics and they say that they are unger, but the bucket on a belt is blue and the squeegees have a black handle

Here is a example,
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/33956/Cleaning/Window-Cleaning/Hip-Bucket-Holster;jsessionid=KQIAZ02TVBRFYCSTHZOSFFA?ts=38188

It doesnt say there that the brand is unger, but it does in the catalouge.

Should i buy that bucket and squeegee etc, or should i go somewhere else. Not to keen on ordering from the internet either.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Kharn

p.s, im in the welwyn garden city area if any one knows a place i can travel to that would be open today.

thanks again.

Dean Aspects

Re: Another "just starting up thread"
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 01:13:12 pm »
It looks like unger bit i think its pulex could be wrong though
Try www.cleantech.co.uk

Dean

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 01:19:11 pm »
You really will need to establish a relationship with one of the suppliers, it doesn't really matter which, because you are going to need regular supplies of bits and pieces through out your working life. Some of them produce a catalogue, others you can only order by internet.
The only place I know anywhere near you is in North Watford and although I know where it is I can't even remember their name. No doubt someone will know them or someone nearer.

chrismroberts

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 01:28:41 pm »
Hey Krave :) I'm nowhere near you, so not sure on suppliers.... but wanted to wish you good luck with your business :)

I'm not too keen on buying online myself, but some of the online suppliers are realy good, Soap National is great (www.soapnational.co.uk) and Wintecs (www.wintecs.co.uk) are pretty good too. I phoned up and ordered a pump at about 4pm and they had it to me the next morning!

Ian W

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 02:45:27 pm »
Good luck with the new business.  :)

Take a look at janitorial supplies in yellow pages. You may find a local company that stocks some kit. I rang one here and although they didn't do wc kit, they told me about my nearest supplier.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Elginn

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 05:05:01 pm »
This is a very good place for the info you may need.

http://www.windowcleaningresources.co.uk/

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 05:08:18 pm »
Hey guys, been browsing for a while and reading years worth of old posts. Nice forum, very helpfull!!

The thing is is i am just about to start up a window cleaning round, have been learning with a cleaner already and started canvessing. I am just about to buy my eqipment. Squeegees etc. I have seen that screwfix sell some basics and they say that they are unger, but the bucket on a belt is blue and the squeegees have a black handle

Here is a example,
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/33956/Cleaning/Window-Cleaning/Hip-Bucket-Holster;jsessionid=KQIAZ02TVBRFYCSTHZOSFFA?ts=38188

It doesnt say there that the brand is unger, but it does in the catalouge.

Should i buy that bucket and squeegee etc, or should i go somewhere else. Not to keen on ordering from the internet either.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Kharn

p.s, im in the welwyn garden city area if any one knows a place i can travel to that would be open today.

thanks again.
www.wintecs.co.uk next day delivery it is safe to use this site. also www.scrimcity.co.uk both you can phone and pay that way if needbe.

Welcome to CIU by the way.

Ian Wicks

julianbiggs

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 05:13:52 pm »
Try aandmcs.co.uk. They are A and M Cleaning Supplies based in Watford. We buy all our kit from them, online as well, never any problems. Their number is 01923 671587.

krave

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 06:46:37 pm »
Hey guys, thankyou for all the information and friendly welcome!

Hopefully hear a bit from me in the coming future,   :)

Kharn