Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pingu

Handheld Point of sales terminals
« on: November 21, 2007, 04:16:35 pm »
Hi all...as a lot of you are aware I am an English bloke working in Holland...

Now I get alot of advertising through the door just like any country...but my bank ABM-AMRO.....have just sent me a leaflet about mobile point of sale terminals for the small business....

Now these terminals are not new but the thing that struck me is that these particular terminals are aimed for the small business....

The terminals are very much like the chip and pin terminals you see all over the place in shops (hardwaired to the phone line) but these are using GPRS (like many mobile phones)....

Just for intrest:

>200 transactions 52.50 euro's
>500 transactions 65 euro's
>1000 transactions 85 euros

The above prices include the terminal hire, the sim/chip, service of the terminal.

Now I know that this is not that intresting in that it is for the Dutch market but here in Holland you do not see cheques...at all.

All but 6 of my customers pays via internet bank transfer....and I do see these terminals in resturants i.e payment taken at the table...

here is a link to see the units
http://abnamro.nl/nl/zakelijk/betalen/pin_in_one/voordelen.html?pos=vku_pininone

Sorry but it is in Dutch....

So perhaps the cheque has had its day ...the banks are changing...cash will always be around but I very rarely use cash now...I chip and pin almost everything I buy on a daily basis....If I park in the town center I use my card to pay....excellent...

Cheers
Dave.

need a cleaner

Re: Handheld Point of sales terminals
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 05:26:04 pm »
that seems to be very good prices, over here the cost for a small business would be proibitive >:(

robbie14000

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 05:45:50 pm »
Hi, we have a streamline system installed to our phone line where clients can call and pay over the phone.
Got fed up with late payers.
Had over £9,000 outstanding at last count.
COSTS - £14.99 per month rental and 2% of transaction.
Thought this was quite good considering i was giving my lads 10% of anything they were collecting.
90% of my customers do pay by cheque eventually but hoping to do more over the phone.
Thanks Robbie - Clearshine Ltd

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 10:07:39 pm »
I have been told about something called MobilePOS which basically is software on your mobile phone to take card payments www.adelantesoftware.co.uk