Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Simpson

Stain/Allergy Treatment Application
« on: November 26, 2007, 01:42:01 pm »
Had a request for Stain/Allergy Treatment to be applied to a customers NEW carpets that she is having laid later this week.
Am I right in thinking that it needs to be applied to a freshly cleaned carpet whilst still damp?
In this case obviously it will already be clean so will it still need to be dampened before applying?

Thanks
Paul

lands

Re: Stain/Allergy Treatment Application
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 02:04:31 pm »
Hi Paul

If you are refering to Scotchguard or similar product then the carpet will need to be conditioned prior to application or the guard will not penetrate fibre or bond properly. If you spray on an acidic solution (fibre & fabric), pile brush in then apply guard as per instructions this will be fine.

Pete

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 02:16:19 pm »
Sounds like two different proceedures .............. protector for stain repelling is not the same as allergy treatment.

Before you offer such a thing........ you need to know what you are dealing with regards to allergy  ??? Products are around for dust mites, pollen, mould spores and pet dander ................... i even hear there is one product that will deal with all 4 at once ( ............... light blue touch paper  ::)
You will find advice here, as to specific products, but i will refrain from naming my preferred route ........... web search for any specific allergy should help you without being swayed by impartial advice.  :-X

*paul_moss

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 03:33:09 pm »
Paul as Chris states its 2 different type of applications you are talking about.
For Protection advice we would just need to know fibre type, for allergy treatment there are a few out there but for advice try Solution Uk site. :-X there I said it
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Paul Simpson

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 03:43:52 pm »
Thanks for the replies gents.
I already have some Carpet & upholstery protector with allergy shield in one that I inherited from another carpet cleaner.
Namely "Stainshield with Actiguard"
I was assuming that this would do the job.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 03:54:29 pm »
Promite also protects and has allergy side to it ...........make sure it is the correct allergy  ;)

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 06:07:48 pm »
Nicely handled. Well done for getting featured in the NCCA mag Chris. ;)

Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

carpet guy

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 10:34:13 pm »
 think you should find out why your client wants allergy protection, as she may be under the impression that the products we use in this industry are suitable for an unrelated condition, which might require a completely different approach, from those available in the c/c industry.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 07:40:54 am »
Promite is a Stain an Allergy protector

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 08:44:34 am »
That deals very well with only one specific cause of allergy if I'm not mistaken.

Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

carpet guy

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 09:02:02 am »
Promite controls the allergen associated with dust mites killing dust mites, at least that's my understanding and I'm sure  Steve Saunders will correct this , if I'm wrong.

The main benefit from the other product, is from a specific ingredient which opens the airways, improving breathing.

This ingredient has been known and and used in Complementery medicine for decades.

The best way for a consumer to deal with allergens is, good air flow and regular vacuuming with a Water Fltration vacuum.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 09:54:05 pm »
Turns out she was a time-waster anyway.
Went to ring her back to find out more details and give prices and she says shes decided not to bother getting it done after all, this before she even heard the prices.
Some people! >:(

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 10:03:33 am »
Personally I use Flixionase to control my allergy and keep my airway open