Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jeff Brimble

Re: My "Fishing Pole"?
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 09:51:37 pm »
Its stunning. http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=42327.0
but may not suit everybody.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 09:57:02 pm »
Jeff,

I thought the 4mm would be OK because I use it on my "Tesco" brushes.
The jets are only 4mm connectors with 1 barb clipped of I guess they are about 2mm.

Ahhh.................I wonder if it's the brush ??? The connector jets I make do tend to vary a bit..........I'll change the brush tomorrow ;)

Ahhh..............................ANOTHER Brain wave :o :o

I think I'll make one of Jeff1's detachable switches for my Backpack?

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 09:59:22 pm »
Maybe the "jets" are too big and the waters not hitting the window properly.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 10:10:40 pm »
Jeff,

My unger pole works fine.
Could be there's a bit too much tube coiled up for the Backpack pump to run a top flow for the setting?

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 06:16:18 am »
Yep could be right Dave. Hydraulic friction will slow it down. Mine uses  4mmID and produces 1.5l at 20m. If I go further say to 8oft then it slows to a trickle. Pump pressure is 40psi.
Knowing where to cut it is not easy. Trial and error. Depends on how high you want the pole to go and a bit more for slack but shorter length will improve the flow.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 06:51:45 pm »
Evenin' All ;D

Day 3:

Changed the brush - that's better ;).  Rinses nicely now.

Going to get a "gas" flow valve tomorrow and put it in the Backpack delivery pipe, just at my waist.  Should be easier to turn on and off.

Also I'm going to put some form of cup hook on the Backpack belt instead of the Velcro so I can just hook loops of pole tube as and when needed.  At the moment I wrap the spare tube around my neck when I take out sections - OK till I go to fill up the Backpack or load up, then I find I'm tied up in the stuff ;D

Thanks for your help, (Jeff)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Jeff Brimble

Re: My "Fishing Pole"? New
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 08:14:22 pm »
Dave others have spotted that Tesco have a Charles Bentley & Sons Ltd Melody brush This new model weighs 8 oz but is totally different to the old Melody (possibly made under contract to tesco by a different company)and I dont think it will be as good. So if you get a chance stock up with the old style if you can still get them, as I know it used to be  your brush of preference.
Hope this helps.