Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Luc

Problem with spitfire???
« on: November 01, 2007, 12:48:32 pm »
I have a hydramaster spitfire and i seem to have a blockage on the heating radiator. Not being techical i don't know the names for the parts but here i go:-

At first i thought maybe the filters were blocked up, i've cleaned all 3 filters. Also my flow control was not working. Having disconected the two pipes from the raditor i conected the two pipes together using a joiner and i have full preasure filling up the header tank and my flow control works. so the problem is the raditor.
Can i work the machine even tho the radiator is not connected? How do i unblock the radiator? Any help would be great.
Thanks Luc

Mike Halliday

Re: Problem with spitfire???
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 02:44:38 pm »
the Spitfire is a air-cooled machine so you can't be talking about an engine radiator. so do you mean the water pre-heater which uses heat from the blower to pre-heat the water?

if so I bypassed the preheater on my Blazer without any problem so I can't see why you can't do the same on a spitfire.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ray

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 07:51:16 pm »
How old is the truckmount?

Ours had exactly the same problem after about 2 years of use.  I put caustic soda in the radiator (taken off the machine obvouslly which was then rinsed out with water) which seemed a cure it for a while.

In the end we sent it to HM who fixed it so it would never clog up again.

Ray

Glynn

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 07:58:39 pm »
It is a radiator mounted right behind the engine, it captures extra heat off the engine itself. Not the blower.
Regards
Glynn

David_Annable

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 08:04:17 pm »
Hi

Its just like a car radiator in reverse.

If you live in a hard water area the it is proberly scaled up, you can get descaler but you need to use that before things have gone as far as this.

I would ring hydramaster & see what they suggest.

If you have bypassed it it will just mean the water will be cooler.

Dave
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

edward coller

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 01:31:40 pm »
Had exactly the same problem about 3 weeks ago  machine will work fine connecting the hoses without the rad which preheats water marginally found a bit of grit in rad blocking ous also check all filters to ensure no other complications..simon

richie

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 10:02:20 pm »
I had this problem with my Spitfire 3.2 many years ago. The radiator captures heat via the exhaust to pre-heat the water before it gets to the header tank.  In disconnecting and rejoining the hoses direct the water temp will drop very slightly but nothing to drastic. 

Richie.