Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kwackers

WFP Start up Costs
« on: August 21, 2007, 02:55:25 pm »
I was just wondering what i should expect for a start up complete water fed pole system, and wheres the best place to look?

Theres Systems on ebay second hand going for £300 upwards and brand new systems around for £6/700, but i'm guessing there just not up to the job?

I have a 1000L tank i use for pressure washing, if that could be utilized that would mean less space taken up in the van.

Any thoughts appreciated

Re: WFP Start up Costs
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 01:59:54 pm »
give Andy at Purefreedom a ring he sorted me out my first system quite cheaply.
http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 09:05:58 pm »
I was just wondering what i should expect for a start up complete water fed pole system, and wheres the best place to look?

Theres Systems on ebay second hand going for £300 upwards and brand new systems around for £6/700, but i'm guessing there just not up to the job?

I have a 1000L tank i use for pressure washing, if that could be utilized that would mean less space taken up in the van.

Any thoughts appreciated
take could be used, and yes this would save you money, you would just be using your pressure washer with pure water (I would use there tap if possible as this could work out very expensive to run a PW depending on the water outpot of your PW.

Freedon was the one i recommended to you on msn have you given then a call yet?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 08:57:30 pm »
Kwackers,... If you go the DIY route you can get a complete setup for as little as £550 inc VAT. But it depends on what you need. If you're cleaning over 30' then a better pole will push this figure higher, and if you're using more than 300 - 400 litres a day then you'll have to splash out  more on a better RO.
Pure freedom are great for pumps, and their flowmaster controller is second to none,.. well worth giving them a call.

The set-ups on ebay are nearly all DI only systems which are suitable for soft water area's only. Even in a soft water are I'd recommend an RO system, as the running costs are just so much lower. The RO unit will pay for itself in 6 months or less in reduced resin costs.
Take a look at the diy forum if you get a chance, there's some great info there.

TennetClean

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 02:24:45 pm »
£550?  no offense but that will be a load of crap
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 11:08:13 pm »
Why would it be crap?
Its exactly the same parts you'd find in a commercially available system,.. sourced cheap and assembled yourself.
The £550 would be for a 100GPD RO/DI 4 stage filter, a couple of water buts, Shureflo pump and pump box, battery and charger, a cheap pole, some 20 litre drums, and a DIY trolley.
Not exactly a top of the range setup,.. but a good starting point.
Once you're earning, you add the van tank, hose and reel, a backpack and a couple of better poles,.. but you re-use the pump, battery etc. You might even upgrade the RO unit,.. but its all stuff you can do once the cash is coming in. The £550 setup will get the ball rolling, and is perfect for domestic work.
There is a great DIY WFP forum that is well worth a look for some money saving tips.