Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davetherave

getting work for a pressure washer?
« on: August 29, 2007, 05:04:03 pm »
I been out door knocking and handing out flyers to people who have absolutely filthy block paved drives and nobody really seems interested. I think my leaflet is a bit poor but i was hoping for a better response than i'm getting which is practically none. 

How do all you driveway cleaning guys out there get work. Do you advertise in the yellow pages, how do you do it?

Luckily i have a window cleaning round so i'm not going hungry. I get window cleaning customers by canvassing as well and the interest with that is far greater. Every time i go out i'll pick up a couple of customers in half hour to an hour. This pressure washing buisness is a far harder game with regards to picking up work.   

BDCS

Re: getting work for a pressure washer?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 09:14:16 pm »
Hello, I also clean windows, drives, carpets and jet drains - so you can canvass the other jobs whilst working. The carpets are the ones I get least work for but the drains are the most lucrative as I also have a camera. Oh I forgot the bouncy castles ! I also still do 2 days a week in a soft drinks factory so you are not the only one in this position . I have just stopped the yellow pages as you need so much work just to pay for it - I get more work from my web site now which is buttons to host and the missus built it. I have been going 4 years now and hope to drop the factory next year

richyvezy

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 09:44:09 pm »
BDCS

Wow !! You do all that and still find time to work part-time in a factory !! Do you operate all that out of one vehicle ?

BDCS

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 05:42:12 pm »
Yes, I only have a SWB transit but I have a container, I do spend a lot of time loading and unloading the gear. Mon and Tuesday at the factory, the big jobs booked in on the other 3 weekdays - any gaps get filled by the windows and the drain jobs at the end of the days as you can always turn up in the evenings and they are pleased to see you ! The bouncy castles are delivered in the mornings mostly at weekends then picked up in the evenings so that leaves the rest of the day to try to catch up with any outstanding jobs. EASY.  If you don't believe me look at my web site

Kwackers

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 06:01:27 pm »
Your a mad mad man!

BDCS

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 10:25:42 pm »
You try spending 13 years in a factory watching bottles go past, no pay rise for the last 4 years etc etc etc - now I use it to motivate myself ! and it works. I don't think I am on a get rich scheme but I will see the benefit in the future