Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

alex or anyone
« on: August 15, 2007, 07:46:29 pm »
i have not got a tank yet as this is the only thing that is left to buy got every thing else so i set it all up had some 25 liter barrels in shed so i filled one of these up with pure warer put the hose end in the water so the pump could suck it out within about 7 mins it had gone now my question to you lot should the water run out so quickly i dont have a vairy stream because it is only a 60 psi pump and i use microbore hose  how much water do u guys use in about 10 minuits i have never done this before and i did it on my own house tonight for the first time lol the windows dont sheet just beads and spots some windows were great some were not so the ones that were not once dried did them again dont know what they are like yet as they have not dried properly yet its hard work is,nt it and i only have7 windows

NWH

Re: alex or anyone
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 07:52:51 pm »
If you use a backpack for example only, setting 2 on it is the perfect flow rate for cleaning window`s,the backpack is 16-17ltrs and on setting 2 it should last 23-25mins on constant use.So if what your saying is right about how much water you used on your house,you have to higher flow rate.That`s the advantage of a varistream it enables you to use less water when needed.

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 08:09:24 pm »
i am not sure if the jets are too thick as they were a poast on this brush not so log bach the ionic one from ebay

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 08:23:15 pm »
Hi m.b.s

The problem will be the jets on your brush.  They are most probably 3 mm jets which use at least 50-60% more water per minute than 2 mm jets which is why we always fit 2 mm jets as standard to all our brushes. 

As to getting a good result, you will need several weeks of practice before you can guarantee your quality.  Until then, you will have to check every window several times to ensure a good result.  After a couple of months you will be twice as quick and have a quarter of the problems but it is not as easy as it looks to start with.  Don't worry, you are only experiencing what everyone else experienced at first.  Keep on cleaning your own windows and friends and relatives, and it will get easier.

m.b.s.

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 08:31:42 pm »
heers alex how much are the 2mm jets and how do i fit them

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 08:41:09 pm »
They are £3 for a pair and you will need a 'Y' piece to match them (£1.05). You will need to drill two new holes in your brush head (beside your current ones).  They will need to be 4.8 mm diameter and then the new jets will simply hammer in and the jet hose and Y piece will push fit on.  Makes a world of difference.

m.b.s.

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 09:09:19 pm »
are these on your site also what size hose to fit on y pice and what size y pice

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 09:11:15 pm »
They are all on our website under Brushes (in the Water Fed Pole Shop section).  The jets come with the right size hose.

m.b.s.

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 09:13:40 pm »
what light brush would you recomend for domestic use not the vikan as i have herd they are heavy preferably rectangle cheers

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 09:32:18 pm »
The lightest brush I know of is the Bentley brush which you can buy and adapt from Tescos or we supply them jetted.  They are called Super-Lite brush on our website.  We have a new brush coming out very soon which will replace this.

m.b.s.

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 09:35:14 pm »
do you know how long also can you email me when they come in with price cheers

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 09:38:56 pm »
Not sure how long and they will be posted on our website when they are ready for sale.

m.b.s.

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 09:44:13 pm »
ok cheers alex will get jets soon the only thing i see a prob with is the size of jet inside the brush were the brissells are dont no if i put the new ones at the side of the old ones they will be too far apart if you would prefer i will post a photo of it tommorrow so you can have a look get back cheers

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 09:56:52 pm »
ive tried some 5mm alluminuim tubing from b&q inside diameter of 1.5 mm perfect for me but cant comment on others who have replied as i used to use 3mm inside diameter jets and to be honest i thought they were crap but its each to there own good luck and let us no how you go on
where theres muck theres money