Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kevin

Pressure Washing (Free Offer)
« on: July 19, 2007, 05:20:03 pm »
With work still very slow (Putting out 700/1000 flyers a week)I I am thinking about offering free gutter
cleaning ,with every Driveway/patio cleaned. Will his work? All this rain is not good for buiness :'(

Art

Re: Pressure Washing (Free Offer)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 10:42:53 pm »
If the works not coming in then it must be worth a try.

Everyone likes a freebie

Ged

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 11:03:19 pm »
kevin

i have tried similar in the past. with no result. by all means give it a go but with the recent weather i think people are just not thinking patio/ barbies / outdoor activities etc etc or getting paving done. we've had the worst month since start up.

Ged

TVCS

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 12:55:42 pm »
I offered free downstairs window cleaning, as they are the windows most likely to get splashed whilst cleaning and this is a quicker easier job than gutter cleaning.  And gutter cleaning is a more profitable job, but like art said people like to think they are getting something for nothing.
Good luck
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

drivewasher

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 10:37:54 am »
Youv'e just got to sit it out, it's the weather I'm putting thousands out and getting next to nowt of em.

Even the sale of stock cubes and gravy mixes are way up for this time of year, comfort eating due to the weather.
The only problem is that when weather picks up if its late August then custy's may well think to leave it till early next year

Thats life, I think I'll start a window cleaning round, as all the window cleaners on hear seem to think P/Washing is money for old rope

PS Since March this year till now compared with last year I'm  thousands £ down and have spent 3 times what I spent on adverts/flyers etc in all of last year
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies

mike peters

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 01:04:39 pm »
diversify........ gotta be worth it.
see our business opp at www.roof-coaters.com and you think the weather is effecting you......
MP