Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark.laycock1@ntlw

customers
« on: July 14, 2007, 10:14:04 pm »
hi as any of you lost customers in this bad weather we are having.am a gardener and i cant belive some poeple who want there lawn cut after the rain which as rain water on it. its get me mad.
mark

Bertie Boo

Re: customers
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 10:58:22 pm »
mark

I'm not sure i understand your question -sorry.

Run it past us again buddy

Cheers

Stephen

cml

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 08:00:51 am »
Hi Mark,

Are you saying you have lost customers because of the rain?

You would think you would get more work because their grass, weeds, etc would have grown quicker.

Those wanting their gardens cut after the rain when the grass is still wet do you give them any advice as to when the grass should be cut and why you prefer not to cut it when it is wet or do you just do it because if you leave it they may call in someone else?

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 08:10:25 am »
yes i tell them why not to cut grass etc when its wet and still pools of water on the lawn they see a dry day and think they are my only customer and i dont have others to go and see cant win .
mark

cml

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 08:54:55 am »
So do you then go back to the customers you lost because of the rain when it is dry to see if they may want anything done or do they cancel all services?

Do you have anyone helping you on the jobs when it is dry in order to cover more work or do you work alone?

If the customers are not returning it may be a number of things which you may want to consider such as price, quality of service etc.  On the other hand if they are returning when it is dry then it is frustrating for you because it messes up your expected income.  Total then at the customers mercy.

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 10:46:19 am »
its not my services.when i ring them to say its to wet they say ok.then in the next minute they are on pho where are you.they don.t understand i have other customers as well.
mark

Bertie Boo

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 12:01:50 pm »
oh well thats customers for you. I know, i have to bend over backwards for mine, but i dont want to lose the business.

If you work with customers then its what you have to expect, if you can't oblige then you wont be working with them for long.

Remembering where you'd be without them often gets me through difficult patches.

Chin up dude

Bertie

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 12:41:02 pm »
perhaps you could do with some customer service training, dont take this the wrong way, but it definatly helps, i have a retail / sales background (aswell as health and social care, and sciences  ;) ) and the things ive learnt have held me in good stead for running a business and dealing with people, even pain in the bum customers.

Bertie Boo

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 12:50:29 pm »
Lisa

You know you've just said what i was thinking all along....

Like you i've spent more time than i care to recall in retail and customer care.

Sometimes i wonder if the training was there to teach you how to deal with customers, other times i wonder if it was there to teach you how to let things wash over you...

Folk often tell me i make too many allowances for my clients. I dont even notice, i just get on with it. As people they are really great folk, and as clients they aren't bad either.

Cheers

Stephen