Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colley614

WFP Guys?
« on: July 12, 2007, 10:46:31 pm »
I know I keep asking about them but is there a system I could buy for my car as I can't afford a van atm but would like to go wfp.

brett walker

Re: WFP Guys?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 10:51:31 pm »
You would be better off starting off with a back pack if you are working out of a car

cheers

Brett

colley614

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 10:55:01 pm »
cool.  ;)

colley614

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 11:04:11 pm »
how much would a back pack cost?

KarlJones

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 01:00:44 am »
colley, before you start can I recommend that you get a handheld TDS meter for less than £20 and use it to find out how high your TDS is?

Everyone seems to do as I did, start at the wrong end.  Get the meter, slowly buy stuff and get your water down to zero. Then buy the back pack pole and a brush.

Honestly mate, a backpack is pointless before you have your water sorted, and the only real way to know how to get your water TDS sorted is to buy a TDS meter. (dont worry too much about water storage as I am sure you will figure something out)   

I think almost all of us rush in to WFP kits as soon as we decide we want it, what happens is we always look back and think "I could have saved myself a few hundred quid if I had done this differently"

get the TDS meter.  hunt around and see how cheap you can get one, its good practice.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 01:32:39 am »
colley, before you start can I recommend that you get a handheld TDS meter for less than £20 and use it to find out how high your TDS is?

Everyone seems to do as I did, start at the wrong end.  Get the meter, slowly buy stuff and get your water down to zero. Then buy the back pack pole and a brush.

Honestly mate, a backpack is pointless before you have your water sorted, and the only real way to know how to get your water TDS sorted is to buy a TDS meter. (dont worry too much about water storage as I am sure you will figure something out)   

I think almost all of us rush in to WFP kits as soon as we decide we want it, what happens is we always look back and think "I could have saved myself a few hundred quid if I had done this differently"

get the TDS meter.  hunt around and see how cheap you can get one, its good practice.
well said karl,  yet so simple, before you buy anything, first thing on your list is a tds meter, once you have checked your local water reading, you can go from there, di, or ro

steve m

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 07:58:03 am »
do what I did. I dought an ro from ro-man for £110, a water butt to store the water. Then a 175 litre tank in the car, with a 100psi pump and varistream. bought a second hand pole from e-bay and the hoses from B&Q.  When I got my van I jus moved it all into there and upgraded as I needed to