Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dg-cleaning

anyone help? New
« on: July 17, 2007, 07:42:00 am »
Xxx

newbroom

Re: anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 09:11:13 am »
Hi DG

I would not let this guy anywhere near my business.If he is already running his own business he does not see himself has an employee more likely has on a par with yourself.

He's not even past the interview stage and already he's trying to dictate change, no matter how desperate you are for staff hold out for the right one, he most definately is not it.

Just tell him straight he is not what you are looking for and let him know that you need someone who is committed. He will drop you like a stone if he had a pressing commitment regarding his own business.

cml

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 06:00:19 pm »
Hi DG,

It's a shame when we spend so much of our time trying to get clients to regard the cleaning industry as a serious  profession.  Then you have those cleaners who have no regards for the job and only see it as a way of making a quick buck.

Yes we know its a dirty job that's what we do but we take pride in it and thrive on doing it right.

You made the right decision because he may have been the sought to just ruin your company's reputation.  Especially if he thought his mother could turn up and do the job instead of him and wanting to knock off two hours early.

Bertie Boo

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 11:29:50 pm »
DG i'd work for you  ;D

I have a pink sign in the back of my car that says "DRAMA QUEEN ON BOARD" although the joke and the irony was wasted on the guy who drove into the back of me and said "CHRIST IS YA' BABBBY AL' RITE?". I had to try not to laugh...

It is hard to say it without being sexist but there are jobs that men and women are better suited to and it's a fact that women with children are more inclined to do the jobs that fit in with school hours.

It is true that folk see cleaners as 'just a cleaner' (indeed one employer on THIS forum even said 'cleaners take the pi#s', which i thought showed no respect at all for the staff he/she had working for them.

I have noted, however, that people are (understandably) quite fussy about who they have cleaning their houses.

I have often wondered what it must be like to work for a big company who just give you a list of houses to go clean...that must be odd?

Stephen