Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny jones

heres a good one
« on: June 21, 2007, 09:17:46 pm »
hi guys

heres a good one, just had a phone call from a friend just oppened an indoor karting area,  he has asked me if there is a chemical to remove the compressed tyre marks that have gone on to the floor, ive never been asked this one before so im putting it out to all you guys.  so go on scrtch your heads cos i havent got a clue.

thanx jonny

let castle take the hassle (if he can)

drivewasher

Re: heres a good one
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 10:59:15 pm »
I'm told wd40 removes rubber marks from floors, tiles & plastic widow frames
Also we use thinners to get rubber tyre marks off cleaned block driveways
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies

J. Deans

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 10:50:07 am »
Not having any experience with this, I wouldn't know how to remove the rubber. But I am wondering why it needs to be removed?
All the circuits I have seen are covered in them. Even when the course is changed, the old marks are left there and new ones form.
Also, I would have thought they increase the tyre grip - rubber on rubber.

If he says that they must be removed, then the first thing you need to know is the what  the surface is made of - concrete, wood etc. This will help determine any chemical requirements. Then you might need to consider the complete removal of the chemicals themselves for H&S reasons (for example, spray in wet conditions) as well as the possibility them affecting the tyres in future races.

Definately an interesting one...

CHARLEY B

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 03:18:42 pm »
having cleaned the runway piano keys for the fleet airarm of harrier jet tyre rubber where they practice stop and go's for emergency evation we used patio cleaners all be it a larger version but pressure and water shifts most marks of this type.