Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bliteamite

Bedbugs
« on: September 03, 2004, 06:21:03 pm »
Can anyone advise on getting rid of bedbugs?

Re: Bedbugs
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 06:45:17 pm »
Ring Rentokil.

Have Fun... ;D ;D

And that ain`t being funny...Ring them they`ll  help.

bliteamite

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 07:41:52 pm »
Could call rentokill. But I wouldn,t make any money that way.

Thanks anyways  :)

Big_Fish

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 10:00:30 pm »
Try obtaining advice from your local environmental health dept'. They usually give it freely and may tell you whether an off the shelf pesticide will work.

BFN

Rob_Mac

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004, 11:23:14 am »
Sure there was a topic on the cc side of the forum about bed bugs and that they didnt live near the bed but will be in any nook and cranny in the room and when you get in bed they fly over and drop onto the bed to feed on you. Could be wrong. You may need to call rentokil after all

Just a cleaner.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004, 03:15:56 pm »
I saw on the telly a thing about bed bugs they live in nooks and crannies around the house, and climb onto the bed in the dead of night to suck your blood.

I'd ring environmental health for advice.  Could be that an off the shelf insecticide could be sprayed into gaps around skirting boards etc.

If the infestation is in the actual mattress and the occupants are being bitten whille awake it could be fleas.

With a name like bliteamite it gives the impression that you know about bugs and stuff.  Strange that you need to ask.
When all the trees have been felled, and all the rivers are poisoned, we will dicover that we can't eat money.

lifeofgrime

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 06:29:00 pm »
Bed bugs are a sod to get rid of.. they often take several treatments to fully resolve the problem - I would suggest that you get some sort of guarantee from the pest controller who takes on the job, as it is can be an absolute marathon of a task and rarely resolved by just one visit. You may also be asked to dispose of the mattress, bed and bed sheets, so you may want to let the client know that that is may happen.

Are you a pest control company as well? If not, I wouldn't advise tackling it with products from your local hardware store.. as you'll probably guess, if its available to the general public, its probably not very good.

You could speak to the British Pest Control Association - they'd be a good bet.

Luke