Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PremierPDS

Green/ Eco cleaning products
« on: May 09, 2007, 01:08:42 pm »
Hi again all

I'm getting asked more and more for eco friendly products for use when doing domestic cleans. Does anyone else get asked a lot for this? I'm currently using just run of the mill supplies but trying to source a supplier for green products. Can any of you cleaning God's recommend one? Also, if any of you use these products already can you tell me if they're any good- I'm a bit skeptical ( but maybe I shouldn't be). I'd appreciate your advice and thanks for reading.

Nickie x  ;D
Flyers, Business Cards, Bi and Tri fold leaflets, Brochures and much much more designed and printed at www.premierpds.co.uk

proclene

Re: Green/ Eco cleaning products
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 02:02:52 pm »
Hi, im just in the process of starting a cleaning business with the use of natural products as this is the way forward in domestic cleaning.
Try www.SoOrganic.com for a range of Ecover products amongst others.
Or another of which that im using is shop.wwf.org.uk.
Money isn't eveything, It's the only thing

proclene

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 02:13:13 pm »
I personally use natural cleaning products and they work just as well as any others, with people becoming more aware about global warming more people are looking to using natural products (if people werent interested, these products wouldnt be on supermarket shelves) the natural products are not harmfull to your health and this could be a selling point for you to use in advertising literature.
Money isn't eveything, It's the only thing

PremierPDS

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 03:35:00 pm »
Hi

Thanks for your pointers guys. I know people are interested in them and hence why I'm being asked for them. I just wanted to know if they work as well as the conventional stuff. I'm finding that people are more concerned about allergies than global warming issues although I'd like to be more green myself. Speaking of which, did any of you see that programme a few weeks ago? I think it was called 'the great global warming scam'- very interesting indeed! Depends on your take but if you're open minded then this programme will certainly give you food for thought. I think it was on the good old BBC- you may be able to download it from their website. Oh and incidentally, I have a degree in Public Health and global warming was rammed down our throats at uni but as the above programme explains nobody dare speak out and say it doesn't exist as it causes them all kinds of trouble and even leads to them losing their jobs but there is a growing number of scientists out there that insist we're being conned big time. This isn't MY opinion by the way (I've yet to swayed to either way of thinking) but I do believe that natural products are much better for us than using chemicals that the human body wasn't created to ingest.

Nickie x
Flyers, Business Cards, Bi and Tri fold leaflets, Brochures and much much more designed and printed at www.premierpds.co.uk

Alan Rowley

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 07:58:26 pm »
We use a company called Quadrelene in Derby. We asked how 'environmentally friendly' they were and were told that they were 'as environmentally friendly as these things can be'.

I can thoroughly recommend them. They gave us enough samples to last us a month and they couldn't be more helpful. If you want something made especially, they will do it for you.

Take a look at out 'materials used' page to see what we use.

Hope that's of some use.

Andy Foster

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 10:47:41 pm »
I get some products from a company called Forward Chemicals... they do a massive range of 'Eco-Safe' products (their registered trade mark).

In particular, their substitute for brick acid is very good, the builders I work for like the fact that it is an environmentally sound product and it works as well as normal acid.

Hope this helps.

Andy