Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

qwert

NEW STARTER AND A FEW QUESTIONS
« on: April 10, 2007, 10:54:50 am »
I need a DI system as well as RO but does the DI canister stay in the van and is used between van tank and brushes?

I presume the DI canister is needed to polish the water off after RO process and immediately before the on site staic tank is filled so this water is not polished off??  Correct??

Secondly, I have a WS at home put would it be easy for a dual adapter to there was 2 outlets from the WS and one was going the RO and another direct to domestic use??  Or is it possible to have the RO fitted to one outlet of the WS and the have a dual fit after that so the domestic use water has been through the RO so family get the benefit of the RO??

I presume water that has been through a WS and RO would be better for domestic use??

Sorry for all Qs but need to know best set-up.

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: NEW STARTER AND A FEW QUESTIONS
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 01:38:25 pm »
The water into the RO should be softened, not absolutely necessary but it will make the RO last longer and the results would be better.  To use RO water for the entire house might be a bit wasteful as the RO gives out so much waste.

The DI is a final polish, it doesn't have to be in the van.  I have a static system at home with WS RO DI and then pump it to the van which just has a tank.  The water out of the brushes is always 0000.

qwert

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 02:14:39 pm »
tHANKS

Would you recommend the DI in the van or after RO so 100% pure goes into static tank.

TERRY AB

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 07:03:52 pm »
Dont use RO Water for Domestic use; Its much too aggresive and
will eventually eat away at your Pipes and connections. Ask your Water
Company if not sure, if your House Pipes become weak and loose water
you will be made to replace them yourself! due to negligance.
Terry

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 07:08:19 pm »
Oh, not what I thought. :-\

I saw "NEW STARTER" and thought my problems were solved... ;D

qwert

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 08:15:36 pm »
Woodley.  Don't they sell ROs for domestoic use though??  The merlin for example.???  Any preference re: DI in van or straight after the RO so pure water is in holding tank??