Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave1

RECRUITING
« on: May 02, 2007, 03:36:32 pm »
Hi,

I really need to increase my staff levels to cope with an increased demand for domestic cleaning. We have an advert in Jobcentre plus, but this is hit and miss to the calibre of enquiries we receive. We have advertised in the local paper but this is really expensive and we don't really get a lot of replies. Problem is, my area has a very low unemployment rate and those that are don't want to work.

I thought about doing a leaflet drop - do you know if this would work. Any ideas, please help.

Regards Dave

Michael D

Re: RECRUITING
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 07:34:21 pm »
Hi Dave 1       
               I have the same problem, I spent 12 weeks looking for staff to work on my window round, i ended up putting a post card in the suppermarket.  i had one reply and the lass only works part-time, but that helps with the bulk of the weeks work. I have been thinking of getting into domestic cleaning, i know the work is there, but no staff, is it worth it to go down that road.  Keep on looking, someone will turn up.   Michael D

cml

Re: RECRUITING
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 12:54:48 am »
Hi Dave

Having just gone through this exercise I agree the calibre of applicants from the Job Centre proved disappointing but there were a lot of queries.  You may want to consider the hours on offer.  What we found was that those who were unemployed thought more about their benefits than the job itself and would only want to work a number of hours that did not infringe on their entitlement.   Mother returning to work did not want hours that not only affected their benefits but the school hours etc.. 

I don't know what area you are in but consider splitting the hours this may help.

Michael (2)

dave1

Re: RECRUITING New
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 02:29:18 pm »
Thanks for the replies,

We are in domestic cleaning and employ five part time cleaning staff. However, if a girl is off for whatever reason we have to cover the job ourselves or god forbid, cancel it for that week.

My real problem is that we have the work!! we just need to get the right staff who are capable of doing the job right. We pay £6.50 - £7.00 per hour, so I don't think pay is an issue and we offer the cleaning staff the hours they want to work a week, from 3 hours plus.

I think a leaflet drop letting people know that we are looking for cleaning staff could work. Has anybody tried this and found that it works!!!

Regards Dave.