Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TVCS

Poultry Houses
« on: March 30, 2007, 09:52:53 pm »
I have been asked by a customer who owns a company that builds and sells hen houses if I would be interested in cleaning them as and when it is needed.  Depending on the cycle of the birds I beleive it works out at evry 60 weeks or so.  These hen houses are HUGE.  Been trying to locate some info on this type of work and I know that Deffra are involved but I keep drawing up blanks.  Before I source all the relevent machines and chemicals I would really like to maybe have a natter with someone in the know.
Anyway if anyone here on forum land does this type of work or knows of anyone who is in this line I would really appreciate any info that can be passed on my way. 
Thanks
ANT
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

excelcrewe

Re: Poultry Houses
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 07:39:34 am »
when i was young i used to keep poultry .iused to clean inside poultry houses with creosote.perhaps jeyes fluid is acceptable?

drivewasher

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 10:40:45 am »
I think the chemical is as spec by DEVRA all inside the house has to be pressure washed at high pressure with water and chemical mixed at the specified rate exactly. As the soap mixer to mix the chemical on a power washer can only do it a low pressure and it's not accurate (you only know when it's used how much youve used) the best way is to mix the water/chemical at the right rates in the actuall tank you suck from IE 200litres, you know say 180litres water 10 litres chemical then use this 200l tankfull to pressure wash with. There is a big but though, as you should NOT put ANY chemicals through your pump whatsoever, then doing this for even a day will damage the high and low pressure seals in your pump, so you will have to factor in the price of getting em changed. This is how the poultry farmers do it
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies

Lizzy

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 11:56:37 am »
A6 Cleaning and disinfecting houses and equipment
When poultry are removed from houses, the buildings and equipment should be
carefully cleaned and disinfected before new birds are introduced. Manure (including litter) should be removed from the immediate vicinity of the poultry houses, preferably to an off-site location. A successful cleaning and disinfection protocol should:
a. Plan to include site specific issues such as required maintenance
b. Remove birds, check rodent bait
c. Remove mobile equipment
d. Remove litter and as much other material as possible
e. Wash to remove maximum organic material
f. Clean/sanitise water system
g. Clean/sanitise all surfaces - record concentration and usage
h. Clean/sanitise equipment
i. Setup equipment
j. Fog

A7 The appropriate detergents and disinfectants will vary with the nature of the production system and disease or infection challenge. In all cases, however, effective cleaning, and careful identification and separation of unsanitised and sanitised areas/materials will maximise the efficacy. Always use MAFF approved products.

taken from a website i have in my Favs list. 
http://www.poultry-health.com/library/antimicrobials/rumapou1.htm#ACleanDis
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Lizzy

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 11:59:15 am »
oh just found a better one!

http://www.aviagen.com/docs/Poultry%20House.pdf

8 page manual of cleaning procedure.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

TVCS

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 11:27:20 pm »
Thanks everyone. 
Lizzy that is tops, many thanks.  You are a star.
Drive washer, the initial cleanout of the house is done with a steam washer, not  chemicals  so I should be okay with out any damage to the pumps. 
Thanks for the replies guys
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)