Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

S_RICHARDSON

Conservatory Windows
« on: March 13, 2007, 05:51:09 pm »
How do you lot go about pricing these sort of windows? Along with a normal house and then a conservatory the price can seem a little extreme.
What do you think?  ???

Shaun R.  ;)

WavieDavie

Re: Conservatory Windows
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 06:02:31 pm »
The price might SEEM a little extreme but that's because there's usually more glass in the conservatory than there is in the rest of the house!

If any existing customers have baulked at the price for doing the conservatory, I ask them to measure the amount of glass in it against the total glass in their other windows. After they've done that, they realise just how much glass they have, and that it'll cost more.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

LSB

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 06:06:25 pm »
dont forget that customers pay thousands of pounds to have a glass extension ( conservatory ) so as long as you dont take the ' p ' out of them , then they should expect to pay a reasonable amount to keep it looking clean and new !

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 06:08:09 pm »
I remember starting 10 years ago out and charging an extra pound or two for a conservatory and then finding that the conservatory can take longer to do than the house.  Not the way to make a living.
I would just stick the price in that you add it up to or give them a price for the house and another for the conservatory.

Simon

David Seaman

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 07:04:24 pm »
When I price a property that has a conservatory I automatically price to include cleaning it every time I visit. It is after all made out of glass. I have yet to have any customer ask me not to clean their conservatory when I do their windows. What would be the point? They all want to be able to see out of it. The only extra I charge for is the roof when it needs doing.

DJ 

dai

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 10:00:14 pm »
The mistake I made was undercharging for conservatories that were fitted after I took the house on. This was when I was trad, I knocked off the price of the patio door and the window over the con roof, and maybe there would be another small window too. I found my hourly rate was dropping on houses with conservatories.
I put the price up, but also offered to do the house only, and let them do the conservatory themselves. A few went for this. I didn't mind as it was costing me money to clean them. I am still earning less per hour when doing lots of conservatories.
Don't forget, it's no advantage having widows on the ground floor when you switch to WFP. Price conservatories as you would any other windows. Dai

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 07:39:05 pm »
Conservatories are all glass! Price per pane. I once cleaned a greenhouse. Charged more than for the bungalow for same reason. Wouldn't advise anyone to take those on!! Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

captain lard

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 11:05:51 pm »
I have underpriced conservatories too. My pricing is terrible and I think I need to bite the bullet and be a bit more bold.

JM123

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 12:01:44 am »
if its the long conservatory windows (about 5ft x 2.5ft) we charge 80p per pane - doesn't sound much but lets say an average conservatory is bay shaped, 2panes out, 2 panes at an angle, 2 panes across, 2 at an angle and 2 back to the wall (same for those with a door on them) thats 10 panes @ 80p each = £8 - add this on to the price, doesn't seem a lot but after the first clean they take 5 mins max to do.  Not bad at all.

You can even clean the sills if you like but we only do them every 3 months on conservatories anyway.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 07:08:06 am »
When I price a property that has a conservatory I automatically price to include cleaning it every time I visit. It is after all made out of glass. I have yet to have any customer ask me not to clean their conservatory when I do their windows. What would be the point? They all want to be able to see out of it. The only extra I charge for is the roof when it needs doing.

DJ 

I do have one job where the conservatory is only cleaned every other visit.  I don't like it because if I don't check on my records, sometimes I can't remember whether or not it is due.

Londoner

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 08:30:15 am »
I have a very scientific approach. I try to guess what the customer is willing to pay, and thats my price.
Actually, conservatories are a piece of cake with a WFP.

russ_clark

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 09:03:48 am »
I charge strong for them as with wfp the white uvpc comes up a dream every time
The punters love it and so does my pocket ;D ;D

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 03:02:53 pm »
I'm currently mostly TRAD so that's how I'd would clean them definately takes quite some time to do them that's why I wondered how to charge for them!

Shaun R.

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 05:01:03 pm »
When i was trad it could be £10 for the con alone, now i'm Wfp i'm more than happy with £5 with the house every 4 weeks as it takes 5 mins.

Macc

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 05:11:56 pm »
OK Macc Cheers!

Shaun R.