Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Geoff Jewkes

Local books
« on: March 16, 2007, 06:53:25 pm »
Hellooooooo There are quiet a few local books in my area, just wondered if anyone advertises in them and DO THEY WORK!!! There is one in my area that goes into 2 quite affluent villages and distributes just over 1400 books. There are no other CC`s in it so it might work. There are 2 choices, place an ad or have my colour flyer inserted. I personally think that the flyer may attract more customers....... What do you think???

John Kelly

Re: Local books
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 07:04:42 pm »
These are one of the best mediums going, place an ad as the flyers just get ditched, they read the booklet.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 07:07:49 pm »
I disagree ;) hardly anyone reads the booklet, but the leaflet gets looked at as they walk to the bin, if they need the leaflet it gets kept, overwise its binned

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 07:10:12 pm »
Thanks John. I was thinking the other way around!!  :o   I tend to get a lot of people keeping flyers ! ( booked one in yesterday, she got the flyer in Jan ). My idea was that they might have a quick flick, then ditch the book as they`ll get another next month and maybe pin the flyer up in the kitchen or something. Any more comments would be appreciated   :)

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 07:10:55 pm »
I disagree ;) hardly anyone reads the booklet, but the leaflet gets looked at as they walk to the bin, if they need the leaflet it gets kept, overwise its binned

Mike

We think alike !

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 07:18:43 pm »
I've advertised in them for years. Does it have local news item in it? As you say they'll get another one next month and the next. I find when the one I use gets delivered the leaflets fall out and end up on the floor with the rest of whats been pushed through that day so you don't relate it to the booklet which on the whole usually have a good reputation.

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 07:40:40 pm »
Perhaps to monitor respone I should alternate it, one month, colour flyer, the next an ad. Not too worrried about it its only 40 quid a month (less than a 12 x 12 lounge ) for flyers or half a page. If it workes I`ll try more local books, there are loads in my area. I see what you mean though John, just sent 10000 out in local papers and half that rang thought that the flyer was just posted and not part of the paper as it had fallen out.

stevegunn

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 07:44:12 pm »
I advertise in 2 both give good results one is  better than the other but at £89 for a full page they are a bargin

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 07:47:45 pm »
Steve, do you use the book itself or a flyer?? What about parish mags ? Any good?

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 07:48:28 pm »
IE books run by the church

stevegunn

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 07:57:15 pm »
I use the book itself.Only tried one parish mag which did not give a good return