Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dunny19

where can i get scotchgard
« on: July 27, 2004, 09:23:19 pm »
im using prochems florochemical based protector, but i dont feel confident to give it a gaurantee, surely if the protector was that good prochem would gaurantee it

does anyone use scotchgaurd or anything with a gaurantee? if so  where can i buy it from?

Re: where can i get scotchgaurd
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 09:25:15 pm »
I think 3M Scotchgard is by licensed Applicator only ???
Ask uncle Len, he has a mate that is such a person.

Len Gribble

Re: where can i get scotchgaurd
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 10:48:59 pm »
Chris

He won’t ask as he feels I’m full of dunny19 an Aussie term I belive.

But I will reply any way so you want to give guarantee on protectors the only company I know of is guardsman then you have to become a franchisee.

Worth looking at http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=carpetequipment;action=display;num=1089443076

Hope this helps

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ken Wainwright

Re: where can i get scotchgard
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 11:14:21 pm »
As far as I am aware, there isn't a manufacturer, certainly in the UK but possibly the world, who gives a guarantee with their protector. I'll repeat  NO ONE What you will find though are lots who offer an insurance policy against accidents. There is a huge difference. It is impossible to make a carpet or fabric stain proof. The best you can do is make them more stain resistant. The insurance is for when "more stain resistant" isn't enough.

As for Flouroseal, I have found it to be a superb protector if correctly applied. I'll repeat an often told tale. I applied Flouroseal on a new plain pastel green wool axminster carpet. Cleaned annually 3 years running without top-up (exceeding normal recommendations) Customer has party. Lots and lots and lots of red wine etc. spilt on carpet. It looked like the day after the Battle of Bosworth. Red stains on green :o All that was required was a rinse with Liquid Woolsafe. No pre-spray. No spotting. No Red RX. No worries.
Safe and happy protecting:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

bill.appleton

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 12:05:26 am »
When I went on one of Prochems' training courses, they DID advise a guarantee period for their protector!!

They said you could guarantee it for as long as it took you to get in the van and start it. (Absolutely true, it was the young skinny fellow with the big nose who does a double act with the older guy.)

George@Multimaster

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 05:34:51 pm »
3M - the makers of Scotchgard Carpet & Upholstery Protectors do not have any "warranty" programmes available with their (few) products. They have recently re-introduced an upholstery protector, but this cannot be applied in the home (solvent based formulation). They have promised me a water-based formulation of an upholstery product and a carpet protector. The dates keep moving but last idea was late autumn launch in the UK. Extended anti-stain warranty programmes (usually 5-year duration) are available for you to sell onto (or include in the price) from several companies (I work for one of them). I'll keep you posted about product launch etc from 3M as and when it happens....

Big_Fish

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 10:18:01 pm »
The double act are Spencer and Peter.
Applied correctly, Prochem's Fluroseal is very good.
A guarantee isn't as important as educating the customer. Explain that the protector "resists" soiling & stains, and the best method of removal (blotting) if an accident occurs. Also provide an emergency stain removal service to regular clients.
You'll have no problems.

BF