Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bird muck
« on: March 02, 2007, 04:02:12 pm »
hi
is there anything on the market that can be put on wfs brush to get bird muck off
windows.
any advice i would be greatful

stephen ???

petski2

Re: bird muck
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 04:12:24 pm »
Best advice mate is to brush and soak,go clean all other windows then come back to the one with birdmuck on,it should come off easy now ;)
I have heard of some glueing an abrasive pad to the edge of the brush,just swivel brush round,give it a scrub with the pad and off ya go.
Hope this helps
Pete ;)

david-maunder

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 04:15:35 pm »
hi
what pole do you have,as with some poles scrapers can be added

dave

ac_cleaning

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 04:37:20 pm »
We use an unger pole with an unger 3inch scraper on it,works a treat.
al

dai

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 06:03:32 pm »
The best tip I ever had off here, was to smack the muck with the brush.
Bring the ends of the bristles down on it a few times. It breaks it up A lot better than scrubbing. Dai

Pj

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 06:17:07 pm »
Duck tape is great stuff.  I wish they'd bring out Seagull tape and Pigeon tape and Starling tape! ;D

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 06:27:58 pm »
I've come up with a brilliant invention. I got the idea off a post from here with pics where he did a first clean on a upvc framed house that had green slime etc. He said he went up his ladder(this is a WFP man) and did the corners of the frames with his toothbrush.(My invention will also work for bird muck)
I've got to get the milk from the shop, but when I come back I will post a picture.

In the interval feel free to make sarcastic comments, but later when I post on this thread get ready to be astounded!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 10:08:29 pm »
I've come up with a brilliant invention. I got the idea off a post from here with pics where he did a first clean on a upvc framed house that had green slime etc. He said he went up his ladder(this is a WFP man) and did the corners of the frames with his toothbrush.(My invention will also work for bird muck)
I've got to get the milk from the shop, but when I come back I will post a picture.

In the interval feel free to make sarcastic comments, but later when I post on this thread get ready to be astounded!

Was the shop out of stock for milk, Curious?

Or is it a long way away? ;D
It's a game of three halves!

ronniemc

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 11:06:37 pm »
Best advice mate is to brush and soak,go clean all other windows then come back to the one with birdmuck on,it should come off easy now ;)

Hope this helps
Pete ;)

Best advice by a mile.
A wee bit of patience is all that is needed,and of course some elbow grease to shift that last annoying bit that we all have to deal with:-)