Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brush head problem
« on: February 12, 2007, 10:43:13 pm »
I cleaned an office block today for the first time it being a new build the problem i encountered was strange i have an omnipole brush head dupont bristle duel trim which was mostly white before i started though after i had cleaned 3rd story moved to second i noticed lower half of the brush head had picked up what i thought was dirt though on closer inspection it appears to be some sort of rubber or paint of some sort. I could not locate the source as the windows are painted metal with rubber seals building itself has a metal skin. i can't get the black off the brush though it does get slowly fainter with rinsing any ideas ? has anybody come accross this problem before ? ??? ??? ???

EasyClean

Re: brush head problem
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 12:57:13 am »
If the white bristles on your brush turn black in colour it could be because the rubber seals on the windows have oxidised and your bristles are picking up the discolouring. If I come across this problem when I'm rinsing (brush on the glass), then when I get near the bottom seal I lift my brush off the glass just to clear the seal and then wipe the sill with the brush resting back on the sill. This way my brush head stays clean and the oxidised rubber seal black marks don't run down onto the window sill.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Ian_Giles

Re: brush head problem
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 05:53:36 am »
As easyclean says, it's just the oxidised rubber from the seals discolouring your bristles, I have this happen to me occasionally and so far I have not noticed any problems with the oxidised rubber geting onto the glass, and I always rinse with the brush on the glass.
And as you say, after a while the bristles of your brush gradually become cleaner.

If it bothers you though, dip your brush in a bucket of diluted bleach and wash, I've done that countless times...at the end of the day when I get home mind!
Or just leave the brush to soak in it overnight.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Re: brush head problem New
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 08:28:38 am »
hi the thing i don't understand is this is a new build should the window seal be breaking down already? I have tried bleach though it does not make a lot of difference but if it makes no difference to cleaning i'm not too worried.