Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul wright

tucker prices
« on: January 27, 2007, 03:39:48 pm »
buying some poles of tucker (they look really good)  but the di gear like the tank etc   looks well overpriced     di tank with 25 litres of resin   about 290+ vat   100 metres hose 106+vat  tdi pocket meter 34.95 + vat       when ive looked at other sites like cleaning spot (anyone dealt with these?)  they are loads cheaper or am i missing something?

MNWC

Re: tucker prices
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 03:49:01 pm »
Cleaning spot....Spot on, recommended

macc

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 03:51:04 pm »
Hi Paul.

I run Tucker, my kit is about 15 months old now. Like you say its not cheap but ive had no problems so to me its worth every penny.  ;D

The way i look at it i want it to last without silly problems now & again. You dont get BMW quality buying a ford, so dont buy a ford hoping its a BMW.

Take the brushes for example, they are expensive to buy but im still on originals, ive seen loads that after 3 months they are rubbish.

You get what you pay for & Tucker may not be cheap but it lasts.

Macc

paul wright

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 03:57:46 pm »
yes their kit looks the biz i am buying the p2 package, but would u not say the other stuff is bit pricey and u can get the same di tank hose etc lot cheaper from say cleaning spot ?

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 03:59:50 pm »
I have Tucker 700ltr but downgraded to a 400tr because i have tuned my pump...microbore..varistream so well i use less than i did with a 700ltr..Yes you probably could get everything a lot cheaper but he poles are bees knees had mine for nearly 4 years and only replaced 2 brushes in that time.

macc

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 05:00:05 pm »
yes their kit looks the biz i am buying the p2 package, but would u not say the other stuff is bit pricey and u can get the same di tank hose etc lot cheaper from say cleaning spot ?

Me, i couldnt be bothered. The after sales service is spot on. If you have any problems with the kit after & you have sourced it from different suppliers, it could be aggro sorting it out.

I have a 2 man mount. One of the Varistreams was playing up a bit. Phoned Tucker told them the problem, 2 days later Alex drove from Basingstoke to me, (2hrs each way) fitted a new one. Now thats after sales sevice.  ;D

Macc

poleman

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 05:01:57 pm »
Whats are ones TDS that has a tucker system and as tucker pole only use DI system is it cheap to run,  ???

Andy

macc

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 05:19:39 pm »
Whats are ones TDS that has a tucker system and as tucker pole only use DI system is it cheap to run,  ???

Andy

Hi Andy.

On the TDS meter it has TDS-999mini on it.

As for the running costs i cant say. I'm in a hard water area so ive a 300gpd static from Gardiners. Water comes out of that at about 6-8ppm. I'm still on original resin from November 2005.

Macc

steve k

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 06:11:12 pm »
Paul,
why not just get the poles if you like them?
As you say, a DI cylinder with resin is the same wherever you buy it...it has hose going in 1 side and hose going out the other...basic stuff.
Same with the pump...its wired very simply to a battery and has the same hose in/hose out.
A tank, a hose reel...all the systems have the same operating components and are so simple to maintain it makes you question how much you paid for the thing.

By the way...did that work go on the wirral?

gary evans

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 06:23:36 pm »
Hi All

We use Tucker no problems in over 4 years i would recommend, looking to get at least one system mar / apr

Gary