Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Graeme@Access

Flojet priming
« on: January 26, 2007, 09:57:52 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone have any idea how to prime a flojet pump?

I changed the diaphram and checkvalve assembly today and cant get it to stop continually pumping.  I know that it needs to be primed and have tried putting about 200l of water through it so far.

Any ideas much appreciated, as we have a massive job tommorow and i would like the pump on top form.

Cheers

Graeme

John Kelly

Re: Flojet priming
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 10:20:47 pm »
It only needs primed to remove any air bubbles. If you have had that much water through then it should be fine. Are you saying that it is a demand type and should switch off when you stop pressing the trigger? If this is the case there is a small screw which adjusts the microswitch located on the top end of the pump.

Graeme@Access

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 10:32:01 pm »
Hi John,

Thanks for your reply  ;D

I think i know the screw your talking about, but i dont have my cam with me atm.  Is it the grub screw under the electrical contact housing (this one has a small blob of glue on it) OR the round head that screws into the contact housing with the translucent washer?

I will need to get up at 5am and fiddle with it =)

If you have any idea which one then it would be a great time saver  ;D

Your a star and i owe you one

Graeme

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 10:47:12 pm »
Graeme, I'm sure its the one with the washer, been a while since I have dealt with one. The screw alters the tension on the pressure switch so that it switches off when there is no flow.

john rees

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 10:59:45 pm »
could the wires to the pressure switch been put on the wrong way around? and so bypassing the switch all together??? just a thought?
                  all the best
                                    John
john