Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

craigp

Royal mail
« on: January 21, 2007, 07:03:35 pm »
has anyone used royal mail to put out ordinary leaflets, if so was the response any good ?

someone said its 20k min, so im thinking sheer volume would mean it would be good,

also i wonder if the pink flyers are any better, or weather, when thats worked for people, maybe its just been because of the large volumes put out ?

i like to hear other peoples opinon on this,

thanks Craig

AquaMagic

Re: Royal mail
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 07:05:48 pm »
I had a look not long back and there is a minimum, i was talking to a postie who i cleaned for and he says they do all get delivered, the postie also gets 2.5p per leaflet of something daft.  I will probably try em one day but its a little quiet at mo so cant really justify paying to get flyers out when if got some spare time to do it my self.

Dene

davep

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 08:50:00 pm »
Dont use them.  I used to be a Postie, they get 1.67p per item, usually 2 or 3 a week over 400-1000 calls.  I would say 70% of Posties deliver them just to the houses that get mail  that day (approx 80%) the rest are dumped or given back to the Manager due to no time to cope with them.

They only get more than 1.67p if they are over a certain weight..

will01

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 09:16:46 pm »
Don't use Royal Mail or any other distributor. Maybe in your area you have an honest distributor who will deliver their full quota but they are few and far between.
I went with a number of local distributors and found that I was averaging 2 jobs per thousand. I now distribute 200 per day before work mon - fri and get 5 jobs per week from leaflets alone.

Plus YOU can choose what areas you deliver to and what houses within that area. I usually skip a house if the general demeanor(?) of the house is sub-standard(ie grass not cut, paintwork flaking moss growth etc..).

I sometimes will also deliver 30 "dear neighbour" letters (if time permits) after a job. I find that sometimes if folks are in their garden, washing their car etc they will ask about your services and will often book.

Best rgds

Will

the red carpet

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 10:49:52 pm »
2 jobs per thousand is still worth it, send out 5000 a week thats 10 jobs a week, easy.

Craig, last time i checked royal mail was £50 a thousand, minimum order 10,000 so £500

Check on there website all the details are on there, i think wether its worth it or not depends on what your average job ticket is.

say you get back 2 jobs per thousand, and a thousand costs £50 delivery plus printing say £14 Thats £64 then theres delivery to the royal mail and probably vat somewere so i would guess around £70 a thousand.

So basically you are buying in customers at £35 a head.

Is this worth it to you? if your average ticket is £70- £80 then mayby mayby not, if your average ticket is £170-£180 then yes its worth it.

craigp

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 11:04:01 pm »
thats a very good point Red, food for thought, thanks.

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 12:19:04 am »
Craig, spark up a private deal with the guy who covers your normal posties day off, He covers maybe 2500 - 4000 private addresses per week, he'll be a day off cover for 5 different posties. The day off cover guys don't get offered the chance of an extra income from door to door deliveries as it's left to the regular postie.

He'll also know other 5 day cover guys who will be more than happy for a bit of extra cash, believe me.

The cash offered to the posties is pants for leaflet delivery and I have to say a lot do not go out, or as dave says only go to houses they are going to anyway only, however if a day off knows he'll get some extra £££'s he'll be up for it.

can't help to ask

Andy
Www.2venturegroup.com

scott.

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 07:23:28 am »
I got an idea ;D  Do a deal with royal mail...as they are dodgy anyway...Suggest to them,  that if they deliver 20,000 leaflets for free.....you will send out 20,000 leaflets in envelopes, with no postage on...They collect £29,400 in revenue, and your all laughing!  ::)

carpetguy

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 08:16:40 am »
Paying out £35 per job would be madness

robbie

Macarthur

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 08:21:45 am »
Think I`ll keep the money in my pocket thanks!
Self Delivery, target mailings, phone calls and word of mouth are my prefered methods.
Nigel.
Orion Cleaning Services - Southampton

the red carpet

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 12:10:14 pm »
How can paying out £35 per job be madness ??? it depends what you are charging ;)

As long as your average job ticket is over £100 its a viable option.
If your average is £150-£250+ it would be madness not to if it brought in a steady stream of work.

And if done right that £35 should lead to repeats and referalls

paul wright

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 03:39:12 pm »
dont touch it , if u wanna giv u money away then giv it to me 8)

CBCarpetcare

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 07:48:39 pm »
Hi

I have used Royal Mail before and I know a postie who tried to tell me not to do it, cost me £700 with the leaflets and got one job for £80! this was a usually succesful leaflet - I have also used an insert and paid various people to drop - again with varied response but really poor, I now have a system which I have adopted again since starting,

Everyday you are not working or have an afternoon off the make a pack lunch and plenty of tea or coffee - juice etc and do them yourself - target 6 hrs  - 7hrs dropping.

If you are to busy to do this then you dont need to drop, if you are expanding employ someone to drop them for you and monitor carefully - maybe a young lad who will start the cleaning as well like an apprentice.

Saying that I just dropped 1500 leaflets and my feet are killing me at least I will burn some Christmas fat off!!!!
Carl