Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scott.

One for the X-Files
« on: January 11, 2007, 09:39:38 pm »
Got called to a house the other day, and a woman had kept her dog in 2 of the rooms, and it had pee'd everywhere...large 1ft puddles and...big green patches everywhere...was the worst Iv'e ever seen!
After being told that they had tried scrubbing with scotchguard cleaner, and vanish, I resigned myself to the fact that it was ruined, and the stains were probably set at this stage (after 2 months)....anyhoo
Thought I would give it a go...just to humour her...flushed with fibre & fabric, applied prochems stain pro, flushed...Gone!!  A good aggitate with pre-spray gold...and extract...carpet like new!!.....couldnt beleive that one...dog must have weird water works...Surely that mess should have left some kind of marks?

Kev Loomes

Re: One for the X-Files
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 10:04:27 pm »
Had a weird one today

Went to do a quote in a mansion and I got to the top floor into the games room, all round the room quite bad venting marks. But the marks got even worse as I was looking around and it was the usual case of the carpet fitters knee kicker marks. You know them - the shape of the kicker where the pins have pierced through (naughty naughty Mr carpet fitter LOL). I havent seen them this bad for quite a while.

Anyway, told him what was going on and he said "but I have a solid concrete floor" (on all levels). CONCRETE FLOOR, What the!! Said that there still must be venting from somewhere.... ::)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 11:10:14 am »
how about this one :-\ a while back in november 06 a lady calls can you carpet clea our flat,yes no problem,sounded ok,went there the first day lift not working,not carrying ninja up 3rd floor,came back when lift was working,guy in the lift says to us,are you cleaning that ladys flat I said yes,he says she is very strange lady,great I got one here,I am not against gays, ;Dbut he was one big time,I thought thats great coming from him :-\ got to the flat she opened the door,the stench smell knocked us back never smelt anyhting like this in my life,
smelled like human poo dirty washing,human body parts ??? the floor was
coverd with un opened black sacks every where,so bad you could not see the carpet, I said sorry we canot do this and walked away,God knows what was in the those bags.... :-\
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 02:21:28 pm »
Did you not try Squeeki Clean!!!!

Flood School

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 02:50:30 pm »
Not really an x-file but probably related.....

About 4 years ago, at about 5.30p.m. the day before Easter, we get a call to go to a major water leak in a loft, urgent, must go now. We where all set for the holidays but, like good pro's two of us went.

The loft insulation was soaking wet and holding a lot of water so we had to remove it, not much fun as the chipboard floor in the loft was tongue and grove and a really bizarre construction. We where pulling out the insulation when two white envelopes popped out with it! We thought it might be the architects drawings to the weird construction so we lifted one of the corners to an envelope, and it was full of £50's!!!

We thought we we're probaly being filmed by 'rogue trader' but to be honest, the obvious did go through our minds! However, like good little boys who have found treasure we went down stairs to give the envelopes to the home owner - who said "envelopes, what envelopes, nothing to do with us" By this time, we had already given them to him. £1000 in each! He telephoned the previous owner to the property, who said that he had put them there for "safe keeping" and had forgot about them! He said "send me one of the envelopes and keep the other yourself!" This was to the home owner, it was about 10.00pm by now and we had finished the work. The owner gave us £50 to share between us! While he had just pocketed £950.00!

Thanks very much! Honesty doesn't always pay, but at least we had a clear conscience!!! Still not sure what I would have preferred!

Chris

jasonl

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 03:02:30 pm »
Hi Chris, Are you still with that franchise co?, long time no see, hope usiness is good.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Flood School

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 03:07:50 pm »
No, sold the franchise over a year ago, it was time to move on!!!

Been busy ever since!

Drop me an email we can chat offline

Chris

John Kelly

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 03:14:00 pm »
I was wondering why those 50 quid notes you sent me had water stains on them Chris ;)

Flood School

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 03:19:32 pm »
Sorry mate, those ones are all used up, I'm printing my own now!!!!

MCG

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 06:46:03 pm »
The loft insulation was soaking wet and holding a lot of water so we had to remove it, not much fun as the chipboard floor in the loft was tongue and grove and a really bizarre construction. We where pulling out the insulation when two white envelopes popped out with it! We thought it might be the architects drawings to the weird construction so we lifted one of the corners to an envelope, and it was full of £50's!!!

We thought we we're probaly being filmed by 'rogue trader' but to be honest, the obvious did go through our minds! However, like good little boys who have found treasure we went down stairs to give the envelopes to the home owner - who said "envelopes, what envelopes, nothing to do with us" By this time, we had already given them to him. £1000 in each! He telephoned the previous owner to the property, who said that he had put them there for "safe keeping" and had forgot about them! He said "send me one of the envelopes and keep the other yourself!" This was to the home owner, it was about 10.00pm by now and we had finished the work. The owner gave us £50 to share between us! While he had just pocketed £950.00!

Yeah, that takes me back to something similar.  We had two staff doing an end of tenancy clean to an empty flat - the previous tenants had done a runner without paying rent etc, place was a mess.  Anyway in one of the wardrobes they found a package that had £2,500 in it! 

What a bonus... except that the staff were so worried about it being drug money or something else sinister they handed it into the letting agents!!! The letting agents simply said thank you and put it in the drawer without another word (until our guys left, no doubt). 

I asked them why on earth didn't you keep it? They said they were too worried about the 'drug dealers' thinking they had stolen it.  I said "And you think the letting agents would hand it back to them if they asked? Of course not - they'd say the cleaners must have nicked it".  That's when the light finally came on!

You couldn't make it up.  :D

Darren.