Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Derek_Walker

Re: *** PLEASE REMIND ME WHY I DONT USE LADDERS ANYMORE ? ***
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 08:25:54 pm »
He will be fine, statistics say most accidents happen on the last 2 rungs of the ladder ;D

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 08:30:21 pm »
might be funny to look at but how many trade have done it in there time

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 09:05:35 pm »
Get on with your boring lives and stop taking any notice of what others do.

Its idiots like the person in the picture who make my insurance premiums higher, i only took notice because i had finished 220 panes of glass with my water on a stick by the time he got up his ladder...next time ill report him to h&s i coulndt give a monkeys who they are ....hes not a shiner like me s some idiot who has no regard for his own or anyone elses safety ....by the way squeeky i had ladder training in the fireservice for 10 years mate so dont start harping on about how great you are on your ladder because i couldnt give a hoot

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 09:10:04 pm »
Get on with your boring lives and stop taking any notice of what others do.

Its idiots like the person in the picture who make my insurance premiums higher, i only took notice because i had finished 220 panes of glass with my water on a stick by the time he got up his ladder...next time ill report him to h&s i coulndt give a monkeys who they are ....hes not a shiner like me s some idiot who has no regard for his own or anyone elses safety ....by the way squeeky i had ladder training in the fireservice for 10 years mate so dont start harping on about how great you are on your ladder because i couldnt give a hoot
easy clean how old are you ?

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 09:16:44 pm »
35 mate

jeff1

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 09:26:05 pm »
I expect most of us have done that sort of thing at some point.

Get on with your boring lives and stop taking any notice of what others do. ::)
speak for your self squeeky, when I use my ladder I use safety devices, both top and bottom, and my ladders are also in good condition, if I couldn't reach a window I would move it, is it really worth the risk for £1 if thats what you charge per window? Maybe less for some guy's.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 09:35:35 pm »
by the way squeeky i had ladder training in the fireservice for 10 years mate so dont start harping on about how great you are on your ladder because i couldnt give a hoot
Since when did I say I was great on a ladder?
Just because I haven't been careless enough to fall off, just like thousands of other people never have either.

Clear Vision

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007, 09:42:52 pm »
found a pot of wooden spoon  for you all  ;D

Clear Vision

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 09:43:44 pm »
just help your self!  ;D

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 08:23:00 am »
*** PLEASE REMIND ME WHY I DONT USE LADDERS ANYMORE ? ***
In answer to your request EasyClean why not take a look at the picture in your first post of the topic and then you'll realise that your now not taking a big risk in your job!  ;D ;D

Shaun R. :D

seanmcshane

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2007, 03:06:59 pm »
or take a look at the big time risk takers cleaning gutters in a recent post!

seanmcshane

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2007, 08:23:41 pm »
Idiots is a bit confrontational so I have modified it.
If we are going to help eachother on here (all of us) then we cannot choose to be opinionated about people who are not forum members who have had photographs taken of their unsafe working methods yet hold our tongues when a forum memeber posts photographs of themselves working extremely unsafely.

It cannot work both ways. I am honest and I hope anything that has been said will make you think twice about how you work and the possible consequences of your death or serious injury to your family.

A good set of ladder stays will cost about £40 - £50 and you will wonder how you ever attempted to clean gutters in any other way.

Never extend overlaps more than 3 rungs. If you were to fall and hurt yourself or someone else resulting in a claim being made, you can be ASSURED that your insurers would negate any claim when they found out, and they will find out, that you had extended your ladder more than the permissable limit. Ignorance is no defence.
No safety devices will lead to a similar outcome.
Resting ladder on gutters is a KILLER.

I assume you are Licenced in Scotland as your website says so as well as saying your staff are uniformed.
Surely (I don`t know) you have to abide by some form of health and safety guidance. If you do, I will GUARANTEE the shortfalls depicted in your photographs would cause any licensing officer to question your working methods.
All advice which I offer constructively and I hope you take on board.