Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matthew Speakman

Rinse With Pure Water
« on: December 20, 2006, 09:32:19 pm »
Hey,

i'm new here and would like to thank you all for a great site to read.

i'm considering starting up my own business in spring, and as a guide i have read through the thosands of posts on this site but have struggled to find an answer, so i wondered if anyone could help??
If WFP are brilliant because they only use pure water is it not possible to clean the window trad (using pure water and abit of GG3) then spray off with pure water (from a pressurised water container or something)

Sorry if this sounds daft, just wondering!!!

Matt

S_RICHARDSON

Re: Rinse With Pure Water
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 09:38:09 pm »
Why would you want to this, it defeats the object, either trad or wfp, doing both doesn't clean the windows more!

Bazzy1999

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 09:58:58 pm »
Sorry Matt

It is daft...

Bazz...

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 10:04:03 pm »
No questions daft when you don't know.
And how do you know you ask.

mark f

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 06:53:47 pm »
not as completely daft as you may think chaps!! ;D

Certainly in preparation for starting wfp i used pure water and gg4 to clean the windows for a couple of months.

My water has a tds reading of 490 but a bucket of pure water with gg4 has a reading of only 8!! I felt this must help a bit in preparation.

Probably the best preparation i did though was to clean off all the tops of the window frames saving a shed load of future hassle.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 07:03:27 pm »
Probably the best preparation i did though was to clean off all the tops of the window frames saving a shed load of future hassle.

Correct answer and a valuable lesson, before we converted we made sure ALL frames were completely scrubbed prior to WFP, worked a treat. hardly any complaints.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

mark f

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 07:37:56 pm »
thanks trevor. Ive only done a couple of days with wfp so far and am hoping not to get to much hassle. About the only thing that bothers me is leaving all the water on the ground in these freezing conditions, but may be im just worrting to much!!

Bazzy1999

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 07:46:56 pm »
I,ll eat my words  :-[  and coz im changing over WFP in january im going to take your advise..

Bazz...

Matthew Speakman

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 08:07:03 pm »
Was a daft question but glad i asked!

Thanks for all the help, if it takes off i'll be getting WFP (hopefully) and that info will deffinatly help

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 08:17:10 pm »
I did my second wfp Job today (read my post and see the picture) There is a balcony in the picture, and I did the windows there, with a bucket of pure water with a drop of squeegiee off just enough to give it glide, the windows came up a treat in and out on the balcony.  On the balcony is a french window a full glaced door and a side window, so in all the are seven windows for me to do on the balcony aloan.
Before I started my TDS was 000 and after seven windows the TDS was reading 116, so you would have to change a bucket of water so often you would be using just as much, so you may as well just do it wfp.