Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

holly1402

Cleaning techniques
« on: December 10, 2006, 06:36:04 pm »
Hi there ,
            Just done my first pub ,wasn`t too bad ,leaded windows .The windows were absolutley filthy it was like taking yellow tar off the windows ,Can any one tell me what is the best for getting this stuff off ,I used a bit of white vinegar seemed to work ok but wonder if there is anything else.?                 Does anyone know the right technique to squeegey clean the windows ,Do you start in the top left hand corner and go left to right ,And do you leave a 1/4 inch gap at the top .
                           Hope someone can help
                                                     Holly 1402 ???

S_RICHARDSON

Re: Cleaning techniques
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 07:08:24 pm »
personally i'd post this in the window cleaning section you'll get more replys!!

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 07:13:18 pm »
Why do you want to squeegee leaded windows????
The only way to get them clean is to wipe them with a damp scrim and polish very hard with a dry scrim.

Richy L

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 07:23:10 pm »
i find the best way of cleaning the new style leaded windows, if they are REALLY dirty, is to soap them up first , blade off what you can, them rub with a damp scrim, then microfibre. I no it seems like a lot of work, but that is what you need to do really for DIRTY pub windows.

If they are the old style leaded windows, then you need to just use a wet, soapy scrim and a micro to get best results

Richy