Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

How natural
« on: August 31, 2004, 02:16:43 am »
We all use different types of cleaning chemicals but how natural are they?

Pre sprays, extraction chemicals and spotting agents ( espcially these)

How 'natural' are they and what describes natural to unnatural?

Shaun

PS The wife puts mosturiser on her face I would describe that as natural but probably the wife as unnatural  ;D

Dynafoam

Re: How natural
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 01:13:18 pm »
Shaun,

I would not concern myself over natural or synthetic - many of the most toxic substances known to man are completely natural.

John.

Disclaimer: The above comments do not apply to wives in general nor any wife in particular. Any implication that this does apply to mothers-in-law is something that I  have not the courage to discuss.

garyj

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 02:41:19 pm »
Shaun, as with all chemicals you use, ask the supplying company for a COSHH sheet. These should then be kept in a folder on your van just in case you get a chemical in your eyes or on your skin. If you should need hospital treatment these sheets will be invaluble.

These sheets will also tell you the main 'ingredients' used in the composition.

JB- Shame women don't come with a risk assessment & COSHH sheet, it would be much easier to choose the right one. We could see all chemical compositions at a glance, then try and find one thats balanced.

I'm in trouble now!!  

SMP

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 03:54:49 pm »
The problem is that the chemical balance changes (monthly I believe!!) so any COSHH data becomes out of date very quickly.  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
Steve Poole

Derek

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 10:56:10 pm »
Hi Guys

In for a penny...

The chemical balance changes far less often that their minds

Derek

ps...I have a question?

Women, my dearly beloved in particular, loves to inform me that 'us' men cannot 'multitask' like wot women can!

I asked her what was meant by multitasking.. 9I like to live dangerously)

Apparently it is the ability to do the washing up, look after the children and cook all at the same time.. when I said that I could do that I was told in no uncertain terms that.. "I just couldn't/wouldn't accept that women could multitask and men apparently can't"

Surely we 'men' get one job out of the way before taking on another in normal circumstances..but I am sure that if the need arose we could multitask.... perhaps it is just a male ploy to make the little ladies feel important....ducks hastily

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 11:56:58 pm »
Derek

As you are probably aware, I was an "Honorary Mother" for quite a few years during the last century. All I needed to do was apply the discipline of my working life to looking after my home and children. After all, if a woman can do it, it's easy for man  ;):D ;D 8)

From the safe and happy home maker:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 12:35:59 am »
Multi tasks = jack of all trades master of non

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 12:37:49 am »
Anyway back to the original question, if I were to use any water based pre spray and any hwe detergent and advertised it as being natural would that be true?

Shaun

Doug Holloway

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 12:58:10 am »
Shaun,

It is very unlikely that a detergent will occur naturally BUT it will biodegrade so you could claim something along the lines of;

'All our cleaning chemicals are made from naturally occurring materials , which when they have finished cleaning your furnishings, will breakdown and return to nature .'
'protecting nature by using its own ingredients'

Pretty meaningless from a scientific point of view but could be good marketing!

Cheers,

Doug

Dynafoam

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 01:15:30 am »
Doug,

You would make a great second-hand car salesman  ;) :D

how about:

"EVERYTHING on this planet, including any space debris, is made of naturally occurring materials".

Or we could be cosmic and substitue "universe" for "planet"  ;D ;D ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 02:00:24 am »
Wasn't there a bloke called Slartibartfarst that made planets in the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy?

Shaun

Dave Parry

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 02:30:26 am »
No he just designed Norway, and won an award for his Fjiords.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Dynafoam

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2004, 02:51:42 am »

JB- Shame women don't come with a risk assessment & COSHH sheet, it would be much easier to choose the right one. We could see all chemical compositions at a glance, then try and find one thats balanced.

I'm in trouble now!!  

Gary,

Just click on the image to enlarge.

If you are looking for a balanced woman however..........