Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

s.hughes

Forgot me scrim
« on: December 06, 2006, 06:04:29 pm »
I got up really early today for a 40 min drive due to road works will take me 10 mins the long way to my 1st job. I was all loaded up or so I thought, that is until I got parked up outside the 1st house and realised that I didnt have my scrim. I left early so as to miss the traffic which mean that if I went back it simple wouldnt be worth returning and I had jobs booked in that needed the insides done. ARRRGGGHHH. I did find 2 old bits of scrim in the car that were 2 half meters each so I just started of making sure I didnt put so much water on the window and hence get the scrim wet. That is until I climbed the ladder and found that I didnt have my scrim on me. I looked around for it and found that it had fallen out my pouch and into a bucket of rain water. Arrrrrrgggghhhh
I got there in the end. I normaly go through loads of scrim in a day but today was a learning curve for me.
My lesson is. DONT FORGET YA SRIM.

How many of you have forgotton your tools when you are miles away?

Steve

S_RICHARDSON

Re: Forgot me scrim
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 06:17:23 pm »
I'm forever taking my WHOLE belt off to hava a cuppa and always forget it and have to go back and get it!  AARRGGGH!  >:(           ;)

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 06:42:56 pm »
A few years ago I lived in Sheerness on the Isle of Sheppey and I had a lot of work in Rochester (where I had lived previously).  One day, as usual, I staggered out of my house and into my van and drove to Rochester (about 15 miles).  I got out of the van, reached up to get the ladder off - NO B****Y LADDERS :o  Some toerag had cut the chain and nicked them in the night.

Had to go back home and then buy some new ones :'(

A couple of days later I was doing one of my regulars, who lived next to an ex-customer.  I happened to look over the wall, and there were my ladders :o  Unmistakable because I'd modified a wooden 4mt double to make it a splay bottom pointer.

I called the police (as you do :))  Ex customer acts all surprised and says: "Someone must have chucked them over the wall in the night" - Yeah, right - very likely >:(

Police said they couldn't do anything as I couldn't prove ex-custy had nicked them.

At least I got my ladders back :D

Cheers,

Ian

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 06:47:06 pm »
A few years ago I lived in Sheerness on the Isle of Sheppey and I had a lot of work in Rochester (where I had lived previously).  One day, as usual, I staggered out of my house and into my van and drove to Rochester (about 15 miles).  I got out of the van, reached up to get the ladder off - NO B****Y LADDERS :o  Some toerag had cut the chain and nicked them in the night.

Had to go back home and then buy some new ones :'(

A couple of days later I was doing one of my regulars, who lived next to an ex-customer.  I happened to look over the wall, and there were my ladders :o  Unmistakable because I'd modified a wooden 4mt double to make it a splay bottom pointer.

I called the police (as you do :))  Ex customer acts all surprised and says: "Someone must have chucked them over the wall in the night" - Yeah, right - very likely >:(

Police said they couldn't do anything as I couldn't prove ex-custy had nicked them.

At least I got my ladders back :D

Cheers,

Ian
TOERAGS HEH!! But as you say good job you got your laders back!

BTW: Did you get a refund on the ladders!!

Rise N Shine

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 09:00:20 pm »
Get this, during this summer i got all my stuff together as normal, scrims/boab/squeeg/a couple of bottle of mix ect, all the associated trad window cleaning equipment.
I then drove about 30 mins in traffic to the 1st job, just as i was pulling into the road i noticed something out of the windscreen didn't look quite right??
Yep, there were no numpty ladders on the roof rack  ;D i'd taken them off overnight, and in my haste to make sure i had all my other stuff, i'd forgotten to put them back on!!
What a tw*t!!!  had to laugh though.

craig jwc

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 09:43:18 pm »
I'm wfp and changed the jets in my brushes one night and left them in the garage till the morning.

Got up late next morning, so rushed about taking the dog out and got the kids to school.

Got back home jumped in the work van and shot off to my 1st job up on Dartmoor, Only to find i had left the poles in the garage and only had a 4" pole to work with.

Job usually takes me 30mins to do,but had to do it Traditional which took me about 1 hour 15 mins. (I'm not the fastest with a squeegie)  ;D

seanmcshane

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 01:05:42 am »
I`ve climbed the ladders too many times  and put my hand to where the applicator should be only to remember I put it in the bucket between houses and there it is...15ft down below!!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 07:17:38 am »
Got back home jumped in the work van and shot off to my 1st job up on Dartmoor, Only to find i had left the poles in the garage and only had a 4" pole to work with.

A four inch pole isn't man enough for the job.
It's a game of three halves!

craig jwc

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 09:03:52 am »
Just re-read it , ment 4 foot ;D ;D

TVCS

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 08:42:28 pm »
Drove to a job the other week.  The last battery I had for my wfp system was pretty crap so I had put it on charge in my shed over night.  You guessed it got to my first house.  Got the pole out and ran my hose round to the rear of the house.  The owner came out and was asking all about the new system then I realised that I had not got the battery. Bugger.  Borrowed some spanners from the chap, removed the old dodgy battery from the van and finally cleaned his windows, did the next doors too, put battery back onto van and the bloody thing wouldnt turn over.  Arse.  With quarter of a ton of water in the tank and all the other bits and bobs my old transit takes some pushing to bump it.
Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Bazzy1999

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 08:54:44 pm »
I wont mention the day i went out in me slippers.... ::)

Bazz...